Thursday, July 29, 2021

Word of the Week-Lists

 



I am definitely a list girl and this week I have been in my element making lists for all things Camping Holiday. I am not going to bore you with the detailed lists but here is the list of the lists I have made and a summary of the things on each list .

Camping Equipment- the big stuff like tent, sleeping bags

Camping Sundries- bin bags, washing up liquid, wooden spoons, the small stuff that you can easily forget

Things will be ticked off once they are loaded in the car.

Clothes- it is England, we need to pack for all weathers, layers are the answer. The list is only for me, everyone else is old enough to pack their own. I will check Matthew’s though to make sure he does put a couple of changes of clothing in as he would quite happily wear the same clothes all week.

 Additional items- essentials that I will need to keep me entertained and make memories -chargers, camera, knitting, book

 Places to Go, things to do- I would much rather know what we are doing each day so we have a plan and we can make the most of the time. I have an itinerary planned but with the exception of a few days where we have had to book, the rest are interchangeable depending on the weather.

 Dog Friendly places to eat – I am not planning on doing much cooking whilst we are away, I am on holiday as well. Taking the dog does limit the places we can eat but by doing a little research before we go it will save a lot of time finding somewhere.

 Things to Buy- making sure we have everything we need before we go such as a first aid kit, eye mask and ear plugs.

 Cleaning - my brother in law is house sitting whilst we are away so I wanted to make sure that the house was clean and tidy before we left. As the kids are at home all day I have asked them to do some things and I have also delegated some tasks to Craig rather than stress myself out trying to do them all myself. 

Who else makes lists before they go away and what else do you make lists for?


Linking up with Anne at Raisie Bay

10 comments:

  1. I'm exactly the same and I've just written my final things to do before we leave list...thankfully, it's quite small. Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes I have all kinds of holiday lists too! In fact I started mine the other day. Hope you have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound very organised with your lists. I hope you have a fabulous holiday and manage to do everything you've planned. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! I do love a list.
    It sounds like you have been busy with your lists. You really need them when you're going camping though.
    I hope you have a fab trip away x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love my lists too! Ready to make my 'ber' months list to get ready for the Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, an early start for that list. I start my list for Christmas at the beginning of November so that I can get almost everything done at the beginning of December so I can enjoy the holidays.

      Delete
  6. I have to make lists for things too and make similar ones for when we go away on holiday. Hope you have a lovely camping trip. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have things under control and we hope you have a great time away. Here are a few things to remember on your list: Let me know if you had forgotten any:
    1. Comb/brush/
    2. socks
    3. Masks (esp since covid is still around and you might be eating out etc)
    4. Matches or a lighter
    5. extra blankets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of those were taken. My personal list was a lot longer and included every piece of clothing and all of my toiletries. I just didn't want to bore anyone with every single item.

      Delete
  8. List mean being prepared and that can only be a good thing. I can't wait for the day that someone can help me with the packing. I also have to make visual stories for my son. That can take some planning too! I hope you had a great holiday #WotW

    ReplyDelete