Thursday, July 1, 2021

Word of the Week- Bookings

 



Because of Covid-19 you now need to book most activities that you want to do. It seems that the days of just turning up seem to be long gone.

I have had a busy week of booking different things for this week and over the coming months.

We have managed to book a campsite in the Cotswolds after Emma doing many hours of searching on the internet. We wanted a dog friendly site with an electric hook up and despite having a search area of 100 miles the availability was extremely limited.

Once I knew where we were going to stay I then looked at what we could do. I already had a good idea as I we have visited the Cotswolds before many years ago. I wanted to go to the Cotswold Wildlife Park and Waddesdon Manor (not in the Cotswolds but near some friends we are hoping to visit who live near Oxford) and Cotswold Lavender. Waddesdon Manor was the only one  I was able to book this week as you don’t need to book for Cotswold Lavender and the Cotswold Wildlife Park have not released dates for the summer holidays yet.

I rescheduled my hair and eyebrow appointments from last week when I was ill and I feel better for having them done. I have also booked my next appointments as I am more likely to keep up the routine by booking in advance.

Penny needing some flea and worming treatments so I had to book to pick those up 48 hours before I picked them up. She did not have to come with me so I called in on my way home from work to collect them. Owners are still not allowed in with their pets for the appointments still but hopefully by the time Penny’s boosters are due in September I will be able to go in with her.

I also need to book the cinema for ‘Black Widow’. I am not sure we will go next week when it is released as it is bound to be busy.

At the moment you have to book to visit the gym as they are limiting numbers. Again, I like this as it makes me go. Before I would have every intention then at the last minute come up with some excuse. I have to pay when I book so I don’t want to waste the money.

Looking forward to the rest of the year we have got bookings for 3 musicals at the theatre (2 changed from last year). I would like to book to go to the Harry Potter Studio tour and Chester Zoo to see the Red Pandas that the kids took out a sponsorship in my name for my birthday last year.

By having to book it means that at least we have plans to look forward to. Craig prefers to decide on the day where he wants to go which is frustrating for me as I prefer to plan ahead so I can work out when I need to do things. A lot of the time we could not decide where to go and often ending up not going anywhere so booking means we know where we are going and when we have to get there.

Linking up with Anne at Raisie Bay




11 comments:

  1. I am with you, despite booking everything being a bit of a pain, I do like to have things planned in advance. Plus, it gives me more motivation to actually do it if it's been booked (that could go for my kids too.) It sounds like you have a lot of things to look forward too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do lack motivation at times unless it is something I really want to do so like you booking in advance means that I actually do something.

      Delete
  2. I so agree with you! If I have things booked in advance then I know I will go and not waste my time nor money. I also prefer when my head is organised like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think more clearly and am more focused when things are organised and not just with days out and events.

      Delete
  3. I think booking something seems more exciting than just turning up on the day. You know the date you're going so have something to look forward too plus it's harder to put things off like going to the gym if you have a set time to go.
    It sounds like you have a great trip to the Cotswolds planned. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just hope the weather is fine as I am not a great fan of camping as it is. I can cope if the weather is good. I will be ok with the days out regardless of the weather I just don't want to be cold and wet and stuck in the tent.

      Delete
  4. I'm the opposite and struggling so much in this time of having to preplan all activities. I miss the spontaneous adventure of just showing up and doing things. Can't even go to the zoo without a timed ticket. Glad it is working for you, I guess I need to change my attitude about it all. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is like you but because he can also be so indecisive I have lost count of the number of times we have missed out on days because he cannot decide. At least now I take control and we actually get out.

      Delete
  5. Booking things is a great way to feel organised. You have lots of exciting things to look forward to! :) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to have things booked and to be able to look forward to them. I'm glad you managed to sort out a campsite. Part of me misses being able to be spontaneous but I do quite like having things booked and organised in advance. Having to book the gym is very good for reducing the temptation to go another time! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have always booked in advance as we have to plan and research. I like that you have to book most things now as it does make things easier for our son. Your holiday plans for the summer holidays sound nice. I hope you got to do everything you wanted to. We had a great time visiting the Harry Potter tour in July. I hope you get to go #WotW

    ReplyDelete