Thursday, July 15, 2021

Word of the Week- Cars

 


This week has been dominated by car maintenance. We all drive and have our own cars and this week everything just seemed to come at once with regards to maintenance.

On Monday, Emma’s car was in for a service and MOT. Thankfully it passed without any issues. The mechanic who does the service checked it out before taking it for the MOT. I also noticed that one of my running lights was out and on the opposite side the main light is out. They have now been sorted.

Craig took his car to get some roof bars fitted on Thursday so he can have the roof top box on his car when we go camping so we can get everything in. At the moment my car has roof top bars as we used to use it when we went away to put the cases and other stuff in as we were renting cottages.

On Saturday, my car and Craig’s car are going in to have the air con re-gassed and cleaned. I have noticed that mine hasn’t been as efficient this year and Craig is getting his done for piece of mind. I don’t think his needs doing as it does get quite chilly. He got this service through a special offer on Groupon.

It was only a month ago that we sorted out the insurances on the cars. We got a good deal through a multi-car policy which knocked £80 off my renewal, £250 of Emma’s and half the price that Craig was quoted for his new car compared to his original insurer.

Hopefully that will be it now for a few months. The next thing due is the service on my car which is due towards the end of the year depending on how much mileage I do in the meantime.

Having a car is essential for Craig and I as we both work some distance away from home. Where I work especially is difficult to get to any other way than a car so I would have to use Emma’s at the moment if anything happened to my car. In my old job I could walk so it would not have been an issue, and I know my boss would arranged for me to borrow a ‘pool’ car, but that is not an option where I am now as there are no company vehicles.



No comments:

Post a Comment