Thursday, July 22, 2021

Word of the Week -HOT!

 


I really do not like it when it is too hot. I never had, and if we are on holiday abroad and it is too warm, you will always find me in the shade with a book, never lying out baking in the sun. I am one of those people who look all red in the face and sweaty within a couple of minutes of being out. I wish I could look cool and dignified as though the heat wasn’t bothering me, but no. I have had friends asking me if I am okay in the past because I how red in the face I have become.

 When we go on holiday we don’t go during the summer months if we are going to somewhere where it is likely to be over 30 degrees in the summer we go at Easter or May when it is not as warm. When we eventually go to see my sister in Australia we will go over in July/August when it is their winter rather than our winter as Craig is not allowed time off work from the end of October to the middle of January. If we are staying over here then we go when we feel like it as you cannot guarantee the weather. (We went to London in May 2018 in the middle of a heatwave) For me as long as it is dry then I am happy.

 Thankfully, although the office where I work does not have air con, the walls are very thick and the temperature is pleasant. However when I walk out it is like going into a sauna. I am glad that I got my aircon in the car topped up. I have definitely needed it.

On Thursday we decided we would g and get some ice cream at the Chill Factore. We took Penny with us as the ice cream parlour was supposed to sell dog friendly ice cream. The Chill Factore is running a doggy chill session on Saturday but it was all sold out. I hoped that they would let us bring Penny in whilst we got the ice cream as they do run these sessions. Not only did they let her in they said that we could go onto the viewing gallery with her. Unfortunately that was closed so the receptionist was absolutely fantastic and took us to where you go onto the snow and let us go into the snow area entrance. Penny loved it and would wanted to explore more and sniff everywhere,and I have to admit the coolness was heavenly after the heat. I don’t think either Penny or I wanted to leave. 



 One other drawback of the heat is that I cannot sleep. I have not been under my sheet all week and frequently wake up feeling rather warm, even with my windows open and a fan. I am a warm person normally in bed. In summer I only have a sheet, in spring and autumn it is a 1tog quilt and in winter it is a 4tog quilt. This week has been uncomfortable to say the least. As a result I have just felt constantly tired and drained. Roll on next week when it is supposed to be cooler especially seeing as though I cannot live at the Chill Factore.


Linking up with Anne at Raisie Bay


4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice time at the Chill Factore (and Penny.) I've never been one for heat and don't go outside until it's cooler. It's this time of year that I'm thankful my condition leaves me with freezing cold feet constantly, it does help me to feel cool especially in bed. I'm still wearing my fur lined slippers in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I am one of those people too. I have looked red faced and sweaty for most of this past week. lol
    It sounds like you had a fab time at The Chill Factore. How wonderful that they let Penny in. What a great idea for them to be dog friendly. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not one for lying out in the sun baking either . This level of heat has been so uncomfortable and it’s not fun when it’s too hot to sleep. Glad your office is a more pleasant temperature. The Chill Factore sounds like a great place to go and escape from the heat for a while and how lovely that Penny was so welcome there. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like me in the heat. But I can also quickly get cold in the shade. Perhaps I'm just better indoors ;0) Chill Factore sounds amazing and great that they have dog friendly events too #WotW

    ReplyDelete