Monday, July 12, 2021

Menu Planning Monday 12th July 2021

 


How disappointing that England lost on penalties but they should still be proud of themselves for getting to the final. It is awful that the young footballers are having being subjected to such racial abuse because they missed the penalty. If they had won, those players would have been lauded as being the greatest team England has produced since 1966 by the same people who are abusing them. Football fans always have blame someone when a loss is suffered. Why can’t they be like fans of other sports and accept the loss gracefully.

The Weather

I suppose the weather today is reflecting the mood of the football fans. At least it is brightening up later this week.



Looking around the house

After being able to catch up with the housework on Saturday the house is looking generally ok. I do need to get Craig to help me move the sofas so I can vacuum underneath, and I need to do under my bed but that isn’t as difficult. The floors also need steam cleaning. Although the wooden floors are more practical with having the dog, when the weather is bad I feel that I am constantly having to clean them. I do have mats at the entrance doors, but Penny hasn’t learnt to wipe her paws when she comes in haha.

Menu plan

We actually stuck to the menu plan this week. I did the right thing not planning anything for Sunday as we went to see Black Widow at the cinema and ate in the food court after. Craig later on had a carvery meal which we got using the Too Good to Go app.

This week I am hoping that we have;

Monday- Jacket potato with toppings of choice

Tuesday- Pizza pasta bake

Wednesday -Tuscan Chicken

Thursday- Mushroom risotto

Friday- Steak and chips

Saturday-Toasties

Sunday- Chicken pot pie crumble

In my craft basket

I am a bit bored with the Courthouse steps blanket. I have done 12 out of the 20 squares but need a change. I have cast on Easy goes it shawl by Finicky Creations and have Temperature Tee ready to cast on when I go away. I still have not cut out any fabric for the dress or skirt I want to make. I think I will have to wait until we get back from camping to do those now. I also haven’t touched the quilt or Disney Sampler. The quilt I will just work on when I go back to the quilting club and maybe when I have finished the shawl and the tee I might feel more inclined to work on the Disney sampler. I like quick results and with both of these projects they don’t show results fast enough for the time I put in. I know I just need patience and perseverance and at some point they will get done.

On my to do list

I need to go through Matthew’s wardrobe and get him to try on clothes to see what still fits him. He is growing so fast and because we weren’t able to go out much last summer I didn’t really buy much for him as he tended to just stay in his pyjamas. I have two problems when it comes to clothes shopping with him. One is that he is tall and skinny with long legs so trying to find jeans and trousers to fit is horrendous. When he was still in the children’s section a lot of trousers and jeans had adjustable waists but not in the men's section. My second issue is that he hates clothes shopping but is so fussy I don’t want to buy anything unless he gives approval. I have wasted so much money on clothes that I have bought and he has never worn. If he could, he would just live in his pj’s.

I will also start compiling a list of the things we will need to take camping with us, well two lists. One will be a checklist of everything we need to set up camp which I will print out and once it goes into the car then I will tick it off. The second one will be the clothes and other things I will need. I am not planning to take any electronic devices apart from my phone but I will need to make sure I have got a book and my knitting. Everyone else is responsible for packing their own things now they are old enough.

Looking for inspirations from the people joining in with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and Katy

8 comments:

  1. The England team did so well and it is disgusted how they have been treated since by the small few.
    I can't wait for the sunshine to arrive. It's so grey and dull here.
    Fab meal plan. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't mind the sun if it isn't too hot.

      Delete
  2. Pizza pasta bake? Yum! That'd be a real winner for my 5 year old - will have to have a look!

    Hope you have a lovely time camping! Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe was from the Quick and Easy Pinch of Nom book, you might find it on their website.

      Delete
  3. Black Widow is on my list of to see movies, can't decide if I want to go to the movies (now that they're open again but our favorite theater isn't open yet) or just shell out the bucks to get it on Disney. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cinema we go to is only selling a small number of tickets. There was no-one next to us and the seats in front and behind were empty as well. We have Disney+ but there are some films you just have to see at the cinema. Hope you enjoy it whichever way you watch it.

      Delete
  4. My team of Portugal were out earlier, so I was hoping England would pull through to the end. Sorry they didn't make it either.

    Your menu sounds so yummy.

    Hope you have a lovely time camping.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have never tried the steam mop but thinking of buying one for the hardwood floors. My son was the same with the waist problem... loved the adjustable pants!
    Menu looks great
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete