Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Half Yearly review of the intentions I have made

 


We are now just over half way through the year and I thought it would be a good time to review the things I intend to achieve this year and see if I am on track.

Going Well

Spending time as a family- we have had a number of days out since we have been able to. There is also the family camping trip coming up soon. Thanks to being Marvel fans we have been watching Wandavision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki altogether. We have always eaten evening meals as a family and this hasn’t really changed over the years. It was a tradition I grew up with and one I wanted to keep for my family.

Not getting involved in drama- Changing jobs has got rid of the main cause of that. There has been a bit of drama with Craig’s family but there always has been and I don’t think that will ever change. Craig is also taking a step back this year from getting involved and that has been better for him.

Weekly project life scrapbook pages – Although I do sometimes have to do a few weeks at a time I am up to date. Some weeks there has been very little going on and I have struggled to see the highlight and other weeks there has been so much I could mention there hasn’t been the room.

Going OK.

Create a blog – I am managing to do a couple of posts most weeks. Working full time is limiting time I can work on posts and create content. I have regular post themes which has helped to keep me posting which has been a life saver. I would like to be able to come up with more individual content but there is not really a lot to write about as most things happen at the weekend.

Buy a lot less and use up what I have-

My toiletry stock pile has been dramatically reduced and I am know at the point of buying shampoo and shower gel again. I still have a number of hand creams to use up and I don’t think they will all be gone at the end of the year but I wasn’t expecting them to be. I am on my last body lotion so will have to start buying that again by the end of the month. I still have a couple of face masks and under eye masks to use up but they will certainly be gone by the end of the year.

Craft Supplies- I have been good and only bought what I have needed for a new project which has been wool and needles for my knitting and fabric, thread and zips for the two sewing projects I want to work on this summer. Working on existing projects has kept me out of the craft shops. Also not having as much time as I did last summer has helped.

Clothing- I have got rid of more than I have bought this year. A lot of my clothes hadn’t really been worn a lot as I used to wear a uniform for work so only wore my own clothes at weekend. I have had to buy a few things for camping as I prefer dresses and skirts which aren’t really camping compatible. I have also bought a couple of dresses which I could not resist but they have replaced dresses I have given away or disposed of.

Get rid of 1000 items- I have recently been doing this on a bit of ad-hoc basis whereas at the beginning of the year I was writing everything down. I am probably slightly behind where I should be at this point, but the charity shops near where I live are still only currently accepting donations during the week and I can only go at weekend.

Saving money- I have increased the standing order to my savings account each month. The last couple of months though I have had to transfer the money back due to buying new camping equipment and things needed on the cars. Hopefully things will get back to normal at the end of the summer.

Decorating and updating the kids bedrooms. -Emma’s has been done and I would like to do Matthew’s in August. He isn’t as fussy but we will have to get a new bed for him.

Continue to knit and sew to improve skill- I have only really worked on one project knitting wise and I am a bit bored with it. I am casting on to make a shawl and a knitted tee as a break. I have made a top this year and would like to make a long sleeved dress and a full skirt as well. Ideally I would like to have made an item of clothing a month but I think I was being a bit too ambitious with everything else I wanted to do.

Not going well

The quilt project has come to a halt. Once the quilting club is able to meet again I will work on it but that will only be about 4 hours a month so progress will continue to be slow, as it is all hand sewn.

Photography skills- Trying but lacking time and opportunity. Lighting is my main issue and I may have to ask Emma what I can do to improve, especially in the house.

Does anyone else do a review of their resolutions /intentions/goals at the mid point or have you given up on them by now.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing great!
    I love the sound of all the family time you've been having. I wish my girls were into Marvel films and TV shows but they have no interest. Hmmf. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pnly got into Marvel after watching Chris Hemsworth in Thor about 2 years after it was released. I didn't initially watch it for the story, hehe. At least you and the girls enjoy computer games, I cannot stand them.

      Delete