Saturday, July 10, 2021

Word of the Week -Dull

 


Dictionary definition- lacking interest or excitement

I feel all I have done this week is get up, go to work, come home, do housework, watch a bit of TV and go to bed. Apart from one week in February it feels like this has to be the dullest week of my year so far. The first full week of the month is always quiet for me at work so that is a reason why it feels like this. The dull weather hasn’t helped either. It just all feels a bit Groundhog Day. I thought I would try and get into the habit of taking a photo a day so that next year I could do the Project 365 next year, but I have not found anything that I thought would be photo worthy on a number of days. When the highlight of your week is finding out that the ‘Real Housewives of Cheshire’ started several weeks ago and you could binge watch to catch up makes life seem a little sad. I know it is only a temporary blip and normal service will hopefully resume soon.



 There are a lot of people who would disagree with me because of the football, but I have absolutely zero interest in watching the matches. I appreciate that it has raised the spirits for a lot of people and it just the type of good news we need to hear at the moment (apologies to any non England supporters). I do want the team to win but I will probably watch a film whilst the game is on. We cannot let Italy win Eurovision AND football.

I take to heart this quote because it is so true. I would not want to live a life of extreme highs and lows. Times like this week give you a chance to recoup and make plans.


Life Is amazing. And then it is awful.

And then it is amazing again.

And in between the amazing and the awful it’s

Ordinary and mundane and routine.

Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful,

And relax and exhale during the ordinary.

That’s just living, heartbreaking, soul-healing,

Amazing, awful, ordinary life.

And it’s breathtakingly beautiful.

L.R. Knost


#WOTW with  Anne at Raisie Bay


7 comments:

  1. What a great poem. I can relate to your dull weeks, I sometimes wonder if it was possible for my life to get any more dull, but then it makes me appreciate the good times even more. And look forward to more good times. Enjoy your film, I'll be watching the football on the edge of my seat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I felt my life was as dull as that week had been I would have to actively do something to make it more interesting. Life is meant to be enjoyed, not just tolerated. I do know people who are quite happy to do nothing and I don't know whether to feel sorry for them or not.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love that quote. Life is exactly like that and we have to appreciate it. Come on England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about life but I am glad that the week is over. Plans to be made and things to do and life to be enjoyed.

      Delete
  3. That's a shame that you have had a dull week. I hope next week is better for you. You should join in with Project 365. I've been doing it a few years and it's great to record those every day moments which would usually be forgotten about. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen some of your posts. I think it will take time to become a habit which is why I thought I would take this month to practice. Do you struggle sometimes as to what to photograph?

      Delete
  4. Sorry to read you had a dull week. I would love a dull week but I'm sure if and when I get one I won't want it. I like taking part in 365 too. Sometimes my photos are really dull in those posts too #WotW

    ReplyDelete