Monday, July 19, 2021

Menu Planning Monday 19th July 2021

 


The weather over the weekend was too hot for me. I am one of those people who look hot and sweaty the minute the temperature goes over 25 degrees. I wish I didn’t so I just avoid having my photo taken so I don’t have to worry about there being a record of how bad I look. Matthew finishes school for the summer on Tuesday so I won’t have to worry about making lunch for him in the mornings for a few weeks or having to iron his shirts. Only one more year to go before I never have to do those again.

 

From the camera

Last Friday as the weather was so nice we decided to take a spontaneous trip to the beach at Southport. Penny had fun playing with the ball on the beach and I managed to get a picture of the sunset.



The Weather

After the hot weather over the weekend it looks like it is going to continue this week before breaking at weekend. I hope it doesn’t rain when we are camping in a couple of weeks.


On the menu this week.

As it is so warm then meals are just going to be light and simple as I don’t want to spend too long in the kitchen with a hot oven

 Monday- Chicken salad

Tuesday – Burger & fries

Wednesday – Vegetable stir fry with noodles

Thursday -Homemade chicken kebabs with pitta and salad

Friday – Sweet chilli halloumi

Saturday – Tacos

Sunday – Leftovers of some kind from freezer.

 In my craft basket

I will continue working on the shawl and the knitted tee shirt and I am enjoying both. The patterns are simple and suitable for a beginner such as me. They were initially chosen as both were suitable for taking away with me. I still can’t decide which one will be going with me. I still have a couple of weeks to decide unless I finish one in the meantime.


 


Linking up with Sandra and Katy and seeing what they and the people who join the link ups are planning.

Have a great week and keep cool.

Deborah

 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunset! Glad you were able to enjoy a spontaneous outing. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of those people too who always looks sweaty. lol It's no fun!
    Gorgeous photos.
    Fab meal plan, we've gone for much of the same. Salads and easy to cook food. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who wants to be slaving over a hot stove especially when they are already hot and sweaty haha. Salads are definitely the way to go if mine would eat them.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for Fall, summer is just too hot now that I am getting older.
    would love to see pictures of your knitting.
    Have a great rest of the week

    ReplyDelete