Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Menu Planning Monday 26th July 2021

 


One of my WI’s met indoors this week for the first time since February 2020. It was really nice to be able to see everyone in person, especially those who did not participate in the Zoom meetings. It was also easier to talk as you could have individual conversations rather than participate in a big group chat. It was just a social meeting and not in our usual location as there has been no information given as to when we can go back there. I hope we will be able to get back to the normal routine soon.

 

How I am feeling this morning

 I think I am ready for a break. I feel so tired and I am finding it difficult to get my brain in gear for a few hours. I always thought I was more of a morning person but getting up at 5.15am to be in work by 7.00am seems to be getting harder. I haven’t had any time off this year so far as we weren’t sure what our plans were going to be because of Covid, and I wanted to wait until we knew for sure what we were going to be able to do.

 

On my Breakfast plate.

I am trying to eat breakfast later as I was finding it was too long to wait between breakfast and lunch and I was snacking on sweet treats and being sat down at a desk all day was not doing me any good. So I have some yogurt, granola and raspberries in a breakfast pot and I will try to last until 8.30-9.00am

 

On the menu this week

Monday- Leek, Pea and Ham Farfalle

Tuesday – Meatzza ( basically a giant homemade burger with pizza sauce and toppings)

Wednesday – Dirty Fries

Thursday – Pork Schnitzel, mash potatoes and broccoli

Friday – Creamy tomato tortellini soup and crusty bred

Saturday & Sunday -Eat out

 

Looking around the house

It is a complete mess. Camping equipment is all currently in my craft room and Emma has been sorting her room out and has put two big storage boxes in Matthews room ready to go up in the loft. Craig's office and Matthews room both need a good sort out and tidy and I just feel that instead of going away I should get these sorted and give the house a deep clean.

 

What am I listening to

I have restarted my Audible subscription and I have been listening to some audio books that Emma has actual copies of. It is the Lunar Chronicles series of Cinder, Scarlett, Cress and Winter. All the books are interlinked but the main characters are based on fairy tale characters and the story has slight elements of the fairy tale. So Cinder is Cinderella, Scarlett is Red Riding Hood, Cress is Rapunzel and Winter is Snow White. The individual stories are a bit long and complicated to explain here but basically it is set in the future. Cinder is a cyborg who has just found out she is really a princess who everyone thought was dead and she has to overthrow the evil queen of Lunar (the Moon) with the help of her friends. It is aimed at young adults but I was intrigued as to how the fairy tales could be reworked.


Linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and Katy at Katykicker to see what everyone else is planning.

Have a good week.

Deborah


6 comments:

  1. How lovely to meet up with the WI. It is nice to be able to see people again.
    I love the sound of the Meatzza! I am off to Google that! Great meal plan. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get out and see people again, it is nice. Those books sound intriguing. I like to read YA novels once in a while. Might have to check and see if I can find them at the library. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar problem with the early starts and breakfast - trying to spread it out a little more so I don't give in to temptation and eat all the nice treats my house always seems to hold!

    I'm glad you got to meet up with people and it went well!

    Thanks for linking up and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of the Meatzza. We are usually up early too any time from 6am and since changing my hours at work its been a struggle to keep going.
    I'm glad you got to met up with people.
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow meatzza sounds amazing such a good idea. we are always in such a mess here hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it nice to be able to see people again?
    Hope you had a great week

    ReplyDelete