Wednesday, July 28, 2021

What we are taking camping.

 

I am not one of those people who will just throw a tent and sleeping bag into the car and go somewhere. I used to be as I have got older I prefer taking a few comforts with me to make things easier.

When we go there will be 5 people and 1 dog. Emma and her boyfriend Sam are going into London the following week as Sam is joining up with a group from the National Youth Film Academy to make a short film and Emma is going to do the behind the scenes photos. That means that they each have 2 cases of clothing taking up valuable space.

We are not travelling light but we are not taking everything but the kitchen sink as we are not planning on staying in the tent for too long during the day.

 So what are we taking? Apart from the obvious of tent and sleeping bags we are taking

Camp beds- I refuse to sleep on a camping mat and I do not like air beds.

Electric hook up – we need somewhere to charge phones and camera batteries. Craig needs to be on call for work and Emma is hoping to do some filming for a vlog as well as take photos.

Induction hob and pans- I am a bit wary of using the gas hobs so when I saw a portable induction hob I persuaded Craig to get one seeing as though we have the hook up. I might even feel like doing a bit of cooking as I won’t be worrying about the gas leaking or setting things on fire

Chairs- I want to be able to sit in comfort so we have got the fold up camping chairs especially in the morning whilst we are waiting for the kids to wake up.

Table- to put the induction hob on whilst cooking

Picnic hamper- to store the plates, bowls and cutlery for eating breakfast and maybe the odd dinner.

Electric coolbox- we have the hook up but it can also be used in the car for day trips

Lanterns- so we can see at night. Torches will also be used if we need to make a late night visit to the loo.

We will be taking a bed, balls, toys and food for Penny. She will have to be on her lead at all times on the campsite so we have got a stake that we can attach a long lead to so we are not having to hold on to her all the time. I am hoping that because we will be busy all day she will be so tired she will not wake up too often at night once she has got used to being in the tent.

I am going to be taking a knitting project and a book to keep me from being bored in the morning whilst waiting for the kids to wake up or for in the evenings. There will also be cards and maybe a board game but as Craig has to take his computer then he will put some films on for us to watch as well.

We are actually probably taking less equipment than we have in the past but there are more people and we are not planning to spend to much time in the tent. There are too many places to go and things to see.

 

What things do you take camping to be more comfortable?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been camping since I was in my late teen years and we literally took a tent, some sleeping bags and plenty of alcohol. lol You seem so organised and have thought of everything x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to take as much but we always took a gas stove to make a brew on.

      Delete
  2. Don't like camping but I see you are well organized. Hope you have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tolerate it as Craig likes it, but I do prefer my creature comforts.

    ReplyDelete