Monday, January 22, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - week commencing 22nd January 2024



Another Monday, it only seems like 5 minutes since last week. January is flying by. I hope things start to slow down otherwise before you know it Christmas will be upon once more. It is my Stepmother-in-laws funeral on Thursday afternoon so it will be a busy day getting everything done in work by lunch time before attending the funeral in the afternoon. It is only a small quiet service which is why I am not taking the whole day off even though I knew I could. Emma will miss it as she is currently in Iceland with her boyfriend, Sam. I am a bit jealous as I would like to go there as well. She is in Reykjavik so safely away from the volcano.

This week we do not have an evening where we can all sit down for a meal together until Sunday so the meals listed might not apply to the rest of the family on different nights.

Menu plan

Monday-  Chicken stir fry

Tuesday- Braised beef with carrot and swede mash

Wednesday- Chicken Korma

Thursday - Chilli loaded wedges

Friday- Slimming World ready meal ( I am the only one home)

Saturday- Spaghetti Carbonara

Sunday- Roast dinner

From the camera

Last week I went on a school trip to Chester Zoo. It was the best visit I have had as I could get to see the animals and they seemed as interested in us as we were with them. I managed to take some photos of the animals so here are just a few.





On my to-do list

My main task for this week is to complete a quilt that I have been working on for a VERY long time. I have only worked on it when I went to quilting group once a month for two hours and it is an English paper pieced quilt and all hand sewn (except the quilting). I just have to sew the binding on which I hope to complete this week then that is my longest outstanding to do completed.

What I am reading / listening to.

The book club choice for this month is 'How to Kill your Family' by Bella Mackie. I am listening to that as I have found that as I have not chosen those books and I have the time constraint that listening to them whilst I am driving to and from work is the most efficient way of completing the book. It has also been the only way I would have completed some of the previous choices. I am however, enjoying this book.' I am reading 'Agatha Raisin, Pushing up Daisies' by M.C Beaton. I have read most of the Agatha Raisin books and just have a few left. It is an easy and enjoyable read for when you don't want something to complicated.

Hope you all have a good week and are managing to find a little time for yourselves.

Deborah



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. What fun zoo pictures! The book choices sound interesting. Hope you have a peaceful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies to you and your family. What a great trip for your daughter! glad she is safe from the volcano. Love the pictures. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete