Sunday, January 21, 2024

Project 365 15th - 21st January 2024

 Another week has flown by and my goodness hasn't it been cold. I will admit I would much rather have the cold and sunny weather than the damp and mild conditions we are due to get over the upcoming week. 

This week has been about finishing things that should have been done a long time ago and I am pleased with what I have achieved. I only have a couple more things to cross off the list which I am hoping to do by the end of the month.

So now for a photo everyday


I was lucky enough to go with the Year 4's to Chester Zoo on Monday. They have moved the Red Pandas which are my favourite animal so I was very happy when they were out, active and I was able to get this photo.


Woke up to snow on Tuesday. Thankfully there was not a lot of it and I felt safe to drive to work. I am just about within the distance I would be willing to walk if I needed to if the school had remained open and I needed to be in.


Completed my first long standing to do on Wednesday, a journal of our holiday in Colorado in 2022. I had done a lot of it but still had some photos that needed to be printed out and spreads of a couple of days. It brought back some wonderful memories whilst I was working on it.



Thursday and another to-do crossed off- hanging this frame with vintage greetings cards in. It was originally held up with the command strips but one day it just fell down. The glass broke but the frame remained intact. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the same frame so I have put the cards in plastic wallets to protect them.


These photos were from when we when to Orlando last Easter. I uploaded them to get them printed on Tuesday and was most surprised when they arrived in the post today as the website said 5-7 days. I then had to spend about an hour on Friday putting them in the album and deciding which ones would not go in as there were only 200 slots and I had 247 photos.


Decided to make some banana bread on Saturday as I had some bananas that needed to be used up and I felt like baking.


Sunday and the final item this week crossed off my to-do list which was finish this dress. I had to insert the zip and sleeves and do the hem. I had started it last June and just never got round to finishing. My dressmaking skills are a little rusty and I doubt I will wear this dress outside, not my finest effort. I am also not sure whether I like it or not. 



8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the weather, I much prefer the freezing and sunny weather to the grey and damp weather.
    Well done with getting lots of things finished.
    How lucky to go for a trip to the zoo.
    My youngest has been asking me to make banana bread, I might this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you got lots of things finished, I love your dress it looks great! So glad you managed to get a photo of the Red Panda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress looks better in the photo then I felt it looked on. I doubt I will wear it, sadly. I love red pandas and was grateful to be able to get a good photo as I have not been able to before.

      Delete
  3. It has been cold but I’m with you on preferring cold and sunny to mild and damp. How lovely to see the red pandas. They are my favourite animal too. Well done on finishing your dress. It looks lovely. #project365

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress, why won't you wear it out the house? I'd be showing it off to everyone if I could make something as good as that.. I love red pandas. I've got several projects on the go, putting things from previous holidays etc together to display around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the zoo and red pandas are soo cute. Love that dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely dress! Lucky you going to the Zoo, love a day out there. Looks very cold in the snow picture, we haven't had any settle here. But I am still not feeling very warm. Roll on spring!

    ReplyDelete