Friday, October 22, 2021

Word of the Week -Making

 

It has been a busy week of making things for me. It started last weekend when I went on the trouser making workshop. It was supposed to be capri length but I decided to keep them as long trousers so I could wear them all year round.

 


I had been asked to do a demonstration of book folding for my second W.I to fill the time whilst votes were being counted and to keep the ladies occupied for the evening. I thought it would be a good idea to have some finished examples, so I made some and used what I had in my stash to decorate them.

 





My other W.I’s craft group met for the first time on Monday since February last year. Everybody makes the same thing but puts their own spin on it. This month it was a rope wreath.

 


In order to practice my knitting and pattern reading I made a couple of dishcloths. You cannot really see the patterns but they were free on Ravelry from the Kitchen Sink Shop Year of Dishcloths series. I intend to make them again in a plain wool as part of a Christmas hamper for some friends.

 



Finally, I need to get this quilted advent calendar finished and another one made. One is being sent to some friends in America for their grand daughter and the other is for my nephew. Hopefully they should be completed this weekend.


 Linking up with Anne for Word of the Week.



8 comments:

  1. What a fabulously creative week you've had. I do admire some of the book folding craft. My favourite one here is the diamond one. Shining bright! That would make such a lovely gift too. I think I can see the pattern on the first dishcloth. I agree that it would show up more with plain yarn. And the wreath idea I actually quite nice too. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You would not believe how incredibly easy the book folding is to do. An idea for a future blog post maybe..

      Delete
  2. You are extremely talented, I love your book folding. I hope you manage to get your advent quilts finished on time, the one you have shown is beautiful. I love your wreath too and dishcloth too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do like to dabble in different crafts as I like to learn new things. Being in the craft clubs at the W.I's allows me to indulge as well.

      Delete
  3. The trousers look fab, I love the colour and those books are gorgeous! I love the little Christmas tree one, very festive.
    You have been a busy bee. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted red trousers as you cannot really find them in shops.

      Delete
  4. What a busy week of making. I like the trousers you made. Good move to make them longer. The book folding is amazing. Love the quilted advent calendar too – what a lovely gift. My children’s godmother made one for them a few years ago and we love bringing it out each year. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope my advent calendars last a long time.

      Delete