Monday, November 1, 2021

Menu Planning Monday 1st November

 


Last week was the last half term that Matthew will have in school and Craig and I had a few days off. We went to Blackpool to see the fireworks and find out who had won the competition. Normally the fireworks were set up on the North Pier but this display was on the beach. Craig and Matthew had a day on various steam trains and a trip to the cinema and we went to RHS Bridgewater. Matthew was most pleased that a visit to Pizza Hut also occurred.

I didn’t do a menu plan as we were not together as a family once during the week so things were a bit ‘off the cuff’ and decided in the morning once the day’s activities were confirmed.

Menu plan

I am glad that things are a bit more normal this week but the weekend is going to be busy and we will be eating out both days.

 So linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and Katy here is this week’s plan

 Monday –  Heavenly Hummus wrap

Tuesday – Coke chicken

Wednesday- Pea and Ham Soup

Thursday- Sausage and Mash potato

Friday- Mushroom risotto

Looking out of the window.

It is raining quite heavily at the moment and the garden is full of leaves that need clearing up. This will probably have to wait until Saturday morning when we have a bit of time to be able to do it.

 Weather

 


How I am feeling

My digestive system doesn’t feel quite right and I am a little tired but apart from that I am feeling motivated to get things done and looking forward to a day out on Sunday.

On my reading pile

I have the new book club choice which is ‘Restless’ by William Boyd. I have also started reading the third of the Bridgerton series ‘An Offer From a Gentleman’ by Julia Quinn which is reminding of Cinderella. It is an easy read and hopefully one to get me back into my reading groove again.

 To do this week.

Menu plan, shopping list and order shopping for delivery on Sunday evening.

Post quilted advent calendar to friends in America.

Get rid of leaves in garden

Clean inside of cars.

Finish 1st mini Christmas cross stitch.

 

Wishing you all a good week.

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good half term.
    The hummus wrap does sound heavenly and I love pea and ham soup but we've not had it in ages. Fab meal plan. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu sounds like an ideal one for fall. Hope you feel better and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got a great week of meals! Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Julia Quinn. I think I read all her books years ago, well the ones that were out at least. She is one of my favorite authors.

    Your menu sounds amazing.

    Hope you have a wonderful, blessed week.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This is the 3rd Julia Quinn book I have read and it was because of the Bridgerton series on Netflix. Looking forward to reading the rest at some point.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a good weekend with the boys. I'll be looking up those books.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so hear you about those weeks with everyone in different directions and figuring out on the fly. Lol I was looking at some of your previous posts and love how you love crafty too! I'm just getting back into trying to give that more focus.
    I hope you have a very blessed rest of your week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you do get back into your crafting and enjoy it.

      Delete
  7. I like the sound of pea and ham soup, I might have to try that.
    Hope your tummy is feeling better.

    I am going to run a meal plan monday link up if you would like to join us, I am catskidschaos on twitter if you ping me and I will tag you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will link up with you and appreciate that you have taken up Katie's mantle with hosting the link.

      Delete