Thursday, November 25, 2021

Confessions of a Shoe Collector

 

I love shoes! At last count I had 43 pairs of shoes, boots, sandals and trainers. My favourites are the shoes though, especially the ones I wear to go out in.  When I go out, I like to wear shoes that can draw comments. My favourite brands are Irregular Choice, Ruby Shoo and Joe Browns. I would love to be able to wear those types of shoes every day. Unfortunately, the job I am in would see them ruined within a couple of weeks due to the dust and sludge in the yard. 

These shoes haven’t really had much of an outing over the last couple of years due to you know what. I have therefore not really added to my collection as there has been no need. Despite absolutely loving shoes I do only buy them for a specific purpose as I am limited on storage space. I am therefore looking forward to being able to add to my collection. I have an event next year which will absolutely require a fantastic pair of shoes (and a new dress). I generally do choose the outfit first but in the back of my mind I always think of the shoes as I look on the shoe website before I go dress shopping.

 With the Christmas season fast approaching I know that some of these shoes will be guaranteed an outing and I am so looking forward to being able to show them off.

These are my oldest pair. I bought them from Asda about 20 years ago and I love the vintage look they have. 



These shoes are from Iron Fist and I bought them when Emma was going through a bit of a Goth phase and I had bought a black Victorian gothic wedding style dress. The design on the heels is what drew me to them.



These two pairs are probably the ones I have worn the most over the years. The pink ones were bought for a wedding and I just fell in love with the red shoes and I had bought a dress that I knew would look perfect with them.




As I am only 5ft 3" I like wearing heels and these give me the extra height that I wish I had. The red ones I bought from a charity shop one Christmas Eve and you can see the height of them compared to another pair of shoes that I have. They are more comfortable to wear than they probably look because of the platform at the front your foot is not bent as much as you may think. It is only about the same as if I was wearing the blue shoes that are in the photo.




These shoes I had hoped to wear more often as I bought them initially for an occasion but with the intention of wearing them for work afterwards. However this will not happen now as I have changed jobs and they would be ruined within a few weeks due to the mud and slurry that is in the yard that I have to cross to get to the office.




I bought these in the sales a few years ago. You would not believe how long it took to make a decision because there were just so many that I liked. I had only intended on getting one pair and then because I was taking so long to decide between the tow Craig got fed up and told me to get both pairs. They were from Irregular Choice and if you go on their website they have such wonderful designs you could understand why it took so long to come to a decision. I also love the fact that the company extend their designs to the bottom of the shoes as well. Both pairs have the same design.




Because Craig is in the Masons every year there is a black tie dinner and everyone gets dressed up. Although I love the quirky designed shoes they do not always feel appropriate for the dress I am wearing so I tend to go for something that is more elegant and quirky and these are ones I have worn over the years. There was also a silver pair but unfortunately I had to get rid of them as I caught the heel and ruined the covering that was on them. I guess that is an excuse to go and buy a new pair :)




I do of course have boots, sandals, a pair of trainers and regular style shoes but I always feel more confident and assured when I am wearing a pair of my special shoes.

Do you have any shoes that make you feel different?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 43 pairs of shoes. I think I have about 5 at the most and that includes welly boots. lol
    I love those one's with the skulls on, they're certainly something a big different. x

    ReplyDelete