Monday, October 11, 2021

Menu Planning Monday 11th October 2021


 

Things are getting busier at the moment as groups start to re-open. We have 2 college open events this week with Matthew, Craig is out at various masonic Lodges three evenings this week, I am at the W.I twice this week, one monthly meeting and one craft club and Emma goes to London with her boyfriend Sam to the premiere of the short film he made in August as part of the the National Youth Film Academy. I am also on a course on Saturday to learn how to make a pair of capri trousers. It is good that things are going back to how they used to be but I do miss the time we had to spend together. It is inevitable that this was going to happen and needed to happen after the last 18 months.

This means that we are not really going to sit down and eat as a family at all this week which is something that I have always tried to do as often as possible. I am still doing a menu plan as it helps with me staying on track with trying to lose weight but it just means that I won't be cooking for as many so there will be leftovers that I can use for lunch or freeze for future weeks.

Menu Plan

Monday - Marigold Soup  (Mary Berry recipe)

Tuesday - Burgers, Fries and Salad

Wednesday - Sausage and mash

Thursday - Subway

Friday - Haddock Casserole

Saturday - Lentil bolognese

Sunday - Cottage pie with Cauliflower mash

Weather


A pretty good week temperature wise considering the time of year. I am looking forward though to single digit temperatures.

What I am watching

This is the time of year that I probably watch the most TV. There is 'The Great British Bake Off', 'All Creatures Great and Small' and last night 'The Larkins'. I am trying not to compare this to 'The Darling Buds of May' which I love. Some of the characters personalities are very different from the original and there are new characters introduced. I think I will still enjoy it if I see it as totally different from the original.

Currently crafting

After finishing the shawl and the knitted tee shirt it is back to the Courthouse steps blanket. I would like to get this finished before winter kicks in so I can snuggle under it in the evenings. I am also starting to make my Christmas cards this year using sets from various places. I have craft club on Thursday where we will be making poppies and on Saturday I will be on a workshop to make a pair of capri trousers. Although I have made dresses before I have never made trousers before and I wanted to learn how to fit them properly.

From the camera

Craig and I took Penny for a walk to Rivington near Bolton. A lot of restoration work has been undertaken in the past few years to the area as it used to belong to the Lever family who had a house there. I hope to go back in a few weeks once the leaves have started to change colour.





Linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and Katy

Hope you all have a good week.

Deborah



8 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are busy for you and your family.
    The Marigold soup sounds interesting and I love the sound of the haddock casserole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made these recipes before and they are from new recipe books. The haddock casserole just looks to be a fish pie filling without the potato top.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a very pretty place where you took the walk. I had to look up marigold soup, sounds perfect for a fall day! It's back to being busy around here as well and I'm savoring it. My youngest was so depressed and battling anxiety a lot of last year into this spring, this is a very welcome change for us. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has struggled over the last 18 months but is coming out of it now. I hope your daughter stays well.

      Delete
  3. Ooh I can't remember the last time I had a subway - so lovely! Hope you're keeping well and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy week ahead! but such interesting things. Learning new things is always interesting. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now going to google the Marigold Soup, because I love Mary Berry but have never heard of that. Sounds like life is busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is getting busier. I am missing the days when we had to stay home. Marigold soup was delicious and is carrot, swede, onion and butternut squash, but the full recipe is available online.

      Delete