Friday, October 15, 2021

Word of the Week -Hungry

 


For a few weeks now I have been trying to lose weight. It was going ok but this week I have just been constantly hungry and wanting to eat all of the time. It doesn’t help when the goodie shelf at work is right behind me. I have no doubt that there will be a gain this week. I hope to get back on track again at the weekend. Maybe it is the cooling temperatures and the office is not the warmest place to be. I will need to plan a bit better to eat more protein as that does seem to fill me up for longer.

Matthew is a typical teenager and is constantly hungry. He is more of a savoury snacker and it is almost impossible to get him to eat vegetables. For the first time after a college open evening, he had a foot long Meatball Marinara from Subway and still had room for a cookie and a packet of crisps. I only just managed to eat my Steak and Cheese salad.

Craig has been coming home hungry most days mainly because he has been so busy that he has not had time for lunch. Unfortunately, on a couple of these evenings he has had to grab a quick snack before having to go out again. He hasn’t eaten properly until he returned which was generally about 10.00pm. Luckily he is also out two nights where he will be having 3 courses (though he doesn’t eat dessert he generally manages a couple of starters from people who don’t want them) and a pile of cheese and biscuits.

Emma has been the only one who has not said anything about being hungry. Mind you she is at home during the day and can get what she wants. She is eating her main meal earlier as she has been starting work at 5.30pm.


Linking up with Anne at Raisie Bay


8 comments:

  1. I have a food inspired post this week too! I think having temptation by your side is so difficult when you are trying to lose weight. My worst experience was working in a shop surrounded by sweets when I was pregnant with my first child, I put on two stone during that pregnancy and it was definitely not all baby!! I don't know how anyone can manage a foot long meatball marinara though, that's impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents had a newsagents when I was still living at home and I could never resist the gummy teddy bears. I could not lose the 1/2 stone I had left after Emma and have never been back to the weight I was before pregnancy.

      Delete
  2. The journey of losing weight is hard on us women eh? It's always the same for us... we do so well and then we just lose it! Pardon that expression.
    Hoping for better next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting harder as I am getting older. I sometimes think life is too short to worry about what I am eating but I know it is for my health long term.

      Delete
  3. Ahh! I know that feeling. I have been trying to lose a little weight and avoiding sugary and rubbish snacks but the more sensible food I am eating the hungrier I get. I keep telling myself it's because I am exercising more.
    My girls love to eat too. We have a packet of ham in the fridge that they call thinking food, they eat a slice while they are thinking about what to eat. lol
    Poor Craig, it sounds like he is really busy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my excuse was I am exercising more. Matthew is so fussy he only eats ham from Subway. Maybe I could try little blocks of cheese as thinking food :)

      Delete
  4. I can imagine that having the goodie shelf behind you must make it hard to resist temptation when trying to lose weight. Good luck with getting back on track. Managing a foot-long sub and still having room for a cookie and crisps is impressive! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Matthew is like a stick as well, he takes after my husband.

      Delete