Monday, October 18, 2021

Menu planning Monday 18th October 2021

 


The trouser making course on Saturday went well and I had no alterations to make to get the trousers to fit. I am looking forward to wearing them for work this week. I decided to keep the length long rather than the capri style they were meant to be. It is only because I want to wear them all year round. Matthew and Craig had a good day riding steam trains on an trip that had been organized by one of Craig’s friends. I didn’t go because I needed to catch up on the housework due to being out all day on Saturday making the trousers. Emma has come back from her boyfriend’s film premiere in London (National Youth Film Academy) and she also went to watch Wicked so she has had a fantastic time.

So this week then;

 Weather

  Looking a bit wet but not too cold, thankfully.

Looking forward to

My first W.I has their first craft group meeting since last February tonight. I don’t know what we will be doing, it is always a surprise. I have been asked to do a book folding demonstration for my second W.I on Thursday. It is just a quick demo to fill a bit of time whilst the votes are being counted for the President. I have had to make a example to take with me as I only tend to do them for specific reasons. I just need to decorate them now.

Menu Plan

 Monday – Fish, new potatoes and peas

Tuesday – Spinach filled chicken

Wednesday – deconstructed burrito

Thursday – Liver and Onions

Friday – Pulled pork

Saturday- Eating out in Blackpool

Sunday – Roast dinner

 Around the House

 After catching up with everything this weekend the house is generally looking good. The grout in the bathroom is the only thing that needs to be tackled.

 In my craft basket

 It is time to start properly on my Christmas projects. I need to complete one quilted advent calendar and make another one for my nephew and god-daughters’ daughter. I have 4 mini cross stitch cards to start and one cross stitch quote to complete. I am also going to knit 2 dishcloths and make some beeswax wraps to include in some Christmas hampers I am assembling as gifts for friends. I am also determined to get my Courthouse steps blanket finished by Christmas but that is on a backburner until the Christmas crafts are completed.  It would be nice if I didn’t have to work then I could easily get them all done in plenty of time.

Quote

After some of the issues I have had with my knitting projects then this seems rather appropriate

‘An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail’

Hope you all have a good week.

Linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and Katy.

5 comments:

  1. The trousers sound fab and it sounds like everyone had a great weekend.
    The weather looks rubbish for this week. I think I am going to have to use my tumble dryer. Hmmf.
    Great meal plan. I love the sound of the deconstructed burrito. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trouser making course sounds amazing! So fun! Well done you!

    Have a lovely time eating out. We went for a family meal on the weekend and I had forgotten just how nice it is NOT to cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to have a lot going on but it all sounds good. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're having a blessed week so far Friend! I'm impressed - making trousers. Wow! I'm lucky if I can sew on a button. Lol I have been working on some Christmas projects already too. It's finally getting chilly here so it fits the mood. 😉 Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had liver and onions for a long time. My gran used to make it. Sounds like a lovely week of meals. I hope Blackpool was nice

    ReplyDelete