Thursday, February 10, 2022

Word of the Week- Insomnia

 



I tend to sleep quite well normally but this week I have really struggled with sleep. I am up at 5.00am during the week so I aim to go to bed no later than 10.00pm. This week however, I have not done that. Craig has been out every evening and I have had been staying up later as I find it difficult to sleep if someone is out of the house at bedtime. I have been working on a cross stitch and wanting to work to a certain point each night or going to craft club. I have also been waking up earlier as well. I have tried using some sleep remedies such as pillow sprays and creams but they haven’t helped me to stay asleep.

I feel as though I have been suffering from jetlag. I am glad that my exam was last week as I have struggled to stay focused at work and I have definitely had brain fog on Wednesday. I am also finding it impossible to motivate myself to do any housework other than the basics. No doubt I will have to catch up this weekend.

I am purposely doing nothing this evening and knowing that I don’t have to get up in the morning hopefully means that I can relax and sleep more and even if I wake up then I don’t necessarily have to get up early.

I have not taken to having any extra caffeine as I don’t want to exacerbate the problem, but I have noticed that I have eaten more sugary based foods. I am trying to drink more water instead which I am finding is helping. (I must remember to do the same when I come back off my holiday later in the year.)

If you have difficulty sleeping what do you do?

Linking up with Anne to see how everybody else's week has gone.



4 comments:

  1. Oh lack of sleep is the pits, I'm so sorry. I hope you manage to turn this around soon and get back into your routine. I can't really help because I have to take so many drugs that getting to sleep is not an issue. I do wake up in the night sometimes though and then I have to take a nap in the daytime to catch up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I don't have that problem very often but sometimes I do. Leisa says not to worry about it, just lay there and relax and sleep will come. I try that sometimes and find that I do fall asleep eventually but then it happens when it's almost time to get uo for the day! I also like the sound of rain so I remember one night I found a 10 hour video of that on Youtube and just put it on. You'll have to take the picture off though. Sorry I can't be of more help. Hopefully it was just a passing phase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! It's no fun when you are not getting enough sleep. I hope tonight you manage to get some decent sleep and a little lie in. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insomnia is not much fun. Sorry to hear you've been struggling with it. Hope you managed to catch up with sleep over the weekend and that this week is a better one sleep-wise. #WotW

    ReplyDelete