Friday, February 4, 2022

Word of the Week -Birthdays

 


This week is bookended by birthdays. Last Saturday was my Mother in Laws birthday and we had most of  the family around for pizza from Costco. We weren’t able to celebrate her 70th birthday last year due to lockdown so that was why we decided to have everyone around this year. The family all chipped in and bought her a necklace and matching bracelet as a gift. I don’t know about you but generally it gets more difficult to buy for people as they get older.

 On Monday it was one of my brother in law’s birthday (I have 6 in total). He and his family live in Blackpool, so cards had been sent and messages were posted on Whatsapp. We will be seeing him this weekend however when they come over to celebrate another brother in laws 50th birthday. We are going out as a family to celebrate at a local Indian restaurant tomorrow. We have all clubbed together to get him a voucher for a tattoo. I know he will be happy with that as he had mentioned getting another tattoo and the one he wanted was quite big so no doubt quite expensive.

 Craig and I took him out last night on his actual birthday to Tampopo. He wanted some advice on getting a new phone so we went with him to get a new one and then went on to eat. My brother-in-law is not a big fan anymore of big parties which is why we are having a family meal instead. His children did not have anything planned for the day and we felt that even though we were celebrating on Saturday we had to do something on the day. The staff at Tampopo brought over a chocolate dessert and sang Happy Birthday to him when they found out. He reveled in the attention. I on the other hand would have gone bright red with embarrassment.

Linking up with Anne at Raisie Bay as usual.

Wishing you all a good weekend.

Deborah

6 comments:

  1. I love birthday celebrations, we have a few ourselves, My son's birthday was last week and my friends birthday is today (we are going out for MY birthday next week even though my birthday was in November. Then in a couple of weeks we are going out for her birthday. Seeing as we are going out to see specific ballets, the dates couldn't be helped. Enjoy your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week for birthdays. It sounds like your Mother in Law had a great one and I hope you all have a fab time tomorrow. A voucher for a tattoo is a great present. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cheerful little post. I love birthdays too, but as you say, we are stumped for gift ideas the older people get. I've started giving my son cash towards his investment portfolio. I like that he can (hopefully) see it growing well into his old age (lol). He's only 22. Sounds like you're having a good family time to make up for the mess of the last 2 years. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh all those birthdays! Lots of cake and celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah lovely to celebrate family birthdays, have family round and go out for a meal. I think it is harder to buy for people as they get older - with my mum, her big gift each year is to have fresh flowers from me every month. Hope you enjoyed all the family time together. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow lots of birthday celebrations. We tend to go with quieter ones here or go away somewhere. As long as I have a cake I'm happy. My little lady wants a party as they have missed out on so many for the past few years. I'm glad you enjoyed the birthday celebrations #WotW

    ReplyDelete