Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Menu plan /Happy Homemaker Monday 21st February

 


Well, the weather has certainly been a feature here in the UK this past week and the worst is not yet over.  We have been fortunate not to suffer any damage and the power remained throughout. I have to admit I did enjoy lying in bed and listening to the wind blowing outside. Emma has gone to Jersey for a few days to visit her friend. Thankfully she has avoided the storms when she has been flying. She has had a good time and I am looking forward to finding out more when she gets back home.

This week looks a lot calmer and drier and the temperature is about average for this time of year.

Menu Plan

Last weeks menu plan did not really go to plan for different reasons. I am not really holding out much hope for this week at the moment. I am going to repeat some of the recipes from last week as we did not have them.

Monday – YOYO (You’re on your own) There is only Matthew and I for dinner and I am going to quilting group

Tuesday- Spaghetti Carbonara with Garlic bread

Wednesday – Quick Asian Beef Ramen noodles

Thursday – Garlic butter steak and potatoes skillet

Friday- Steak pudding, chips, peas and gravy

Saturday – We are out at a birthday party

Sunday- Roast dinner at In-Laws (this should have been last Sunday)

In my craft basket

I am still working on my long term projects in the evenings ( EPP quilt at quiliting club and the Disney Cross stitch). I have also started the needle felted love birds kit that I hope to finish by the end of the month.

 Currently reading.

Daily Readings- Simple Abundance and Romancing the Ordinary by Sarah Ban Breathnach

The Crafternoon Sewcial Club – J Williams

The Vintage Housekeepers Circle (ebook)- Alison May

 Quote of the Week

I found this on Pinterest and considering everything going on currently thought it was rather appropriate.



Linking up with Sandra and Karen to see what everyone else is enjoying.

Have a good week.

5 comments:

  1. Glad Emma managed to miss the storms that was good timing.Your week of meals sound just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so glad that the storms seem over for the time being. They were a bit of drama. Good luck with the meal plan. It sounds like you will be eating well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw where you've been getting hit with lots of storm. Glad you haven't had much damage and kept your power. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were ok in the storms - wow that quote is really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote. The storm wasn't too bad here, although our garden was pretty trashed. I hope you had a good week. Your meals sound good, did your meal plan work out? Thanks for linking up to #mealplanmonday we are back tomorrow, if you would like to join us.

    ReplyDelete