Monday, March 1, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday week commencing 1st March 2021

 

 

I cannot believe it is the 1st March already. How quickly this year is going so far. I suppose in a way that is a good thing with all the restrictions here in the UK. I think everybody is looking forward to June 21st when it is hoped that all restrictions are going to be lifted. I have my first Covid vaccination booked for Friday. The NHS Trust where I live seem to be getting through people very quickly and have now opened appointments up for people over 50 as well as those with underlying health conditions below 50. As I have just gone into that age bracket I went ahead and booked and told my husband to do get his booked as well. I admit I am glad that I now have a date, but I do feel sorry for those others who are older than I am in different Trust areas who are still waiting.

 On the menu this week

I am trying some new meals this week from the latest recipe book from Pinch of Nom. They started off with just a blog but have been so successful with their slimming conscious recipes that they now have 3 recipe books and 2 meal planners published. Unlike a lot of other ‘diet’ recipe books these books are not aimed or endorsed at any particular slimming programme and I have found that I enjoy these recipes more than any official ones from Slimming World or Weight Watchers.

 Mon- Chicken Stir Fry with noodles

Tues – Mexican Street Corn Soup (No, not a spelling mistake)

Wednesday- Spaghetti Bolognese

Thursday = Viking Pork

Friday – Takeaway

Saturday – Pizza Pasta

Sunday – Chicken Pot pie crumble

New recipe I tried last week.

The favourite one as voted for by the family was the Smothered Pork Chops in French Onion Gravy. I found the recipe on Pinterest and it was very easy. It is a good job that I finish work earlier than I used to as the onions had to be caramelized which took over half an hour. I like to try and eat around 6.00pm during the week so we have time to enjoy the meals before any evening activities and it would have been a rush previously to cook and eat.

From the camera

It is nice to be able to get out walking without having to wrap up. We went to a local country park which has various wood sculptures around it as part of a larger sculpture trail in the area. There are no themes, I think the sculptors could choose what they wanted. Here are pictures of some of the sculptures we saw.

 









Looking around the house and garden

Now the weather feels like it is getting better I am hoping to get out into the garden. I have purchased a little plastic greenhouse and I would like to attempt to grow some strawberries. I have bought some peony bulbs that need planting in the ground and also oriental lily bulbs to plant in pots for a paved area that we used to have the rabbit hutch on. I need to buy more plants and bulbs, but I have yet to fully decide what I want to plant and grow. The front garden needs tidying up as the wind has blown bits of rubbish into it probably from when the bins are emptied. I also want to replace the gravel/stone area with astro turf. It used to be a planted area when we first moved in, but the window cleaner ended up damaging the plants trying to get his ladder positioned to clean the upstairs windows. I hope it will also give the front more kerb appeal as the turf will add colour.

To relax this week, I will

Start to read Mrs Miniver by Jan Struthers. As I do not have access at the moment to my craft room, I will only be working on my courthouse steps blanket as I can knit anywhere. The gardening will also be relaxing if the weather holds out at the weekend.

 

I will be linking up again with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

 


7 comments:

  1. My daughter is making "Cheeseburger Pasta" this weekend. Your menu looks great :)

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/02/happy-homemaker-monday-312021.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love cheeseburger pasta. It is the dish family ask me to bring to get together. I am looking forward to making it before the end of the year.

      Delete
  2. Those sculptures are amazing!! So love the fox one!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, and welcome to my Happy Homemaker Monday party. It's always great to see a new face joining in. :)

    I am so sorry I haven't yet come by to say hi and welcome you, just been super busy lately.

    Your menu sounds delicious, especially that Viking Pork. That got my attention lol

    I hope you have a lovely week.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That park looks like a fun place to visit. Viking pork sounds interesting. Trying to get a bit out of our dinner time rut around here. Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

    ReplyDelete