Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Cross stitch WIP's

 

Cross stitch is probably one of the first crafts I took up when I was in my 20’s. I went however for many years without doing anything until a few years ago when I joined the WI craft club. I had a project that I had started 16 years earlier and found and was determined to finish. Although I enjoy cross stitch I find that because it takes so long to see any decent results it is one that I do least of all.

My interest was piqued again last year when I saw an advert on TV for Disney Cross stitch. I love Disney as does the rest of the family, so I bought the first issue and made a start. It is a weekly publication but as I have a subscription, I get four issues in one go once a month.


As well as the samplers, the magazine also includes lot of other projects. A few have caught my eye but they are definitely going to be on a back burner until the samplers are finished.

My intention was to keep up and do the week’s project every week. Unfortunately, that did not happen as I became wrapped up in other projects and the dark evenings set in. I have found that I prefer doing cross stitch in natural daylight and now I am working again, and it is winter I have put it down and am now many, many weeks behind. The first sampler should have been finished at this point and I haven’t even finished the first section.



Another casualty was one I was hoping to finish before Christmas. I bought this kit on sale at Hobbycraft. I found that I wasn’t really enjoying doing the foliage which is why I put it down. Hopefully this one will be a relatively quick finish and will be done by Christmas this year.





As the evenings get lighter and I finish my knitting projects, I should be able to pick these up and get them completed. I have no plans for any other cross stitch projects (except for the other 2 Disney Samplers) as I just want to get these finished. Maybe in a few years I will look at some of the other projects that are included in the Disney magazine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment