Monday, February 15, 2021

Scrapbooking

 

Do you have loads of photos stored on your computer and phone and you know that you really should do something with them? Me too! It seems such a shame that you have all these memories that no one ever sees, be they special occasions or just special moments.

Last year I decided that I wanted to do some regular scrapbooking. I have done some pages over the years but not consistently.


Unfortunately nobody realised how the year would turn out. I still managed to do quite a number of pages as I decided that I wanted to document the year anyway.  Emma’s and my birthdays were not as planned and lots of days out did not happen. However, I was able to record the crafts I had made and the new skills I had learnt. I wanted to acknowledge what was happening but not make it a dominant feature for the year.  I also did some pages to put in my scrapbook from previous years. 









I have several scrapbooks covering different years. The one for last year and pre 2017 were just 12 x 12 albums. However for 2017-2019 I have used a Project Life album which gives me plenty of flexibility to do a traditional layout or a quick one using the cards and different layouts using the different page layout protectors depending upon my mood and time. This is the album that I still have pages to include and will continue to work on this year.





What got me back into wanting to do more scrapbooking was a pre- Christmas visit to Disneyland Paris in 2019. I didn’t want to just display the photos in an album so I decided to create a scrapbook for the visit. I decided against a 12x12 layout as I didn’t have a lot of time to spend creating it between Christmas and the New Year and so I went for a smaller size which I enjoyed doing. I would choose this size again if I were creating a whole book on one theme.



I have also decided to have a separate scrapbook to record any knitting or sewing that I undertake for myself or other people. It is just a photo of the finished item, the pattern and the wool or material used to make it. Hopefully over time it will also document my improving skill levels.



This year as well as the normal scrapbook pages I am also going to create a page for each week showing the highlight(s). This is to continue to help me think positively despite everything that is still going on. I must admit I am finding this project difficult at the moment because I am literally in work or not doing much at home. Hopefully, this should get easier in the next few months as restrictions ease and we are allowed to do more.



For this project I am using the Project Life again but this time a 6 x 8 album. There are a couple of different page layouts you can use depending on the number of photos you want to use. Although these have several photos I do have some which only have one photo.

As I do not want to bore you I have only included some of the pages I have created. I will share more as I create them for this year when I have something other than the weekly page to do.

I have also taken to printing out photos from days out or holidays and putting them in photo albums so I can look back on happy days and enjoy the memories. I like the fact that the photos are not stuck on the computer and are not being looked at.

Do you print out photos and put them in an album or scrapbook? I would love to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment