Sunday, February 21, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday 22nd February 2021

 


One of my intentions for 2021 is to save money by buying less. One way of achieving this is by doing a menu plan for the week and reducing the amount I spend on food. I started out by first looking at what I had in my cupboards and freezer and trying to use up what we have before going out to get more. This means that I know what we have so when I come to do my shopping list I only need to buy a small amount of things. I know I will have to do an inventory every so often to make sure it is up to date.

On the Menu

Monday- Pork Steaks in French Onion Gravy

Tuesday – Veggie Quesadillas

Wednesday – Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken & Rice

Thursday – Vegetable Frittata

Friday – Bean Chilli

Saturday – Steak Pudding, Chips, Peas & Gravy

Sunday – Chicken Broccoli Alfredo stuffed shells. 

Whilst searching for inspiration for my menu plan on the internet I came across Diary of a Stay at Home Mom who not only shows her menu plan for the week but also shares some other aspects of her week as well as encouraging others to do the same. I have decided to join in on this link up.

The Weather

This week is forecast to be very mild with temperatures about 13C (55F) getting sunnier as the week progresses. It feels like Spring is about to arrive.

How I am feeling this morning

For once, not minding that it is Monday. It feels like things are turning a corner and are getting better. It shouldn't be too long before it is light when I am driving to work. There are already glimpses.

Looking around the house

We had a busy weekend with the dog, cleaning cars, shopping and starting to do things in the garden that the house was rather neglected. Every room needs a good tidy and the floors are absolutely filthy. I will try to catch up this week with everything.

To relax this week I will

Finish knitting the baby cardigan I am making for my niece who is pregnant, and work on my quilt.

On my mind

I really want to sort out my back garden this year. I have never been one for gardening (maintenance wise) but it is looking a little tired and the fence panels needs replacing. I bought a little plastic growhouse over the weekend and I am thinking about starting off some bulbs in there before planting them in pots for a concrete area we used to have a rabbit hutch on. I also want to put gravel down at the bottom as Penny has a habit of running down to the bottom when she sees a squirrel and at the moment it is just soil. This makes her paws dirty which she is then bringing back into the house and creating more work for me.


 


6 comments:

  1. Reading your post makes me anxious to start planting things in my flower garden areas (I'm not great at it maintenance wise either but love seeing what springs up). Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am trying to decide what plants to try out. I am looking at mainly perennials this year for the borders so there is green all year round.

      Delete
  2. Your dinner tonight sounds yummy! I am ready to get outside and work in the yard! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pork and gravy was delicious. It will definitely be added to my make again list.

      Delete
  3. Oh my , spring seems so-so far away from us right now. Enjoy the mild temperatures and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it Spring won't be that far away for you. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete