Monday, March 22, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday 22nd March 2021

 


I am finding the weeks are flying by even though we are not able to go anywhere or see anyone. All I am doing is going to work, coming home and walking the dog. I am so looking forward to the end of March when we can go to outdoor spaces, somewhere different to walk the dog. We try to go to different places to walk the dog but with the 'stay home' order we are all getting bored walking the same routes as there are not many places where we can let the dog off the lead to play. We have plenty of choices when we can travel even 5 miles further.

Craig and I have both had our first vaccinations against COVID. We both were given the Astra Zeneca jab on a Friday. On the Saturday morning we both woke with headaches and as the day progressed I developed the chills but by the Sunday morning we were both fine. The area we live in is speeding ahead with the schedule as I wasn't expected to be called for another month based on what was happening with work colleagues who live in different NHS areas.

The weather

Rather overcast but feeling a little warmer as we are consistently in double figures (10-12 degrees C). It makes the dog walks feel a lot pleasanter.

On my reading pile.

Mrs Miniver- Jan Struthers

Where the Crawdads Sing - Delia Owens. I need to finish this by Friday for my W.I. book club and according to my Kindle I still have 4 hours left to read. 

On the Menu Plan

Monday - Shredded duck with pancakes. dim sum, spring rolls and samosas (We went to the Chinese supermarket a couple of weeks ago and stocked up)

Tuesday- Haddock Fish cakes. chips and peas

Wednesday - Chicken Parmigana

Thursday - Toasties

Friday -Spaghetti Carbonara

Saturday - Takeaway from a local Mediterranean restaurant 

Sunday - Pulled pork with coleslaw and fries

Around the house

Emma's room has been redecorated with the fitted wardrobes removed, ceiling replastered, walls painted and this week the new carpet so all her furniture has been put mainly in my craft room and Craig's office. I am looking forward to her room being finished so the craft room looks less like a hoarders paradise, especially as it is at the front of the house and people walking past can see in.

The garden still needs some serious attention especially the borders.

No photos this week as I have not taken any except of Emma's room which I will show once it has been finished.

I am linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and also reading what the other bloggers who link up have been doing.

Enjoy your week.

5 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds yummy...intrigued about the toasties. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A toastie is just a grilled sandwich. We had different fillings. I had ham, cheese and tomato.

      Delete
  2. Don't you wonder how the kindle knows how long it takes us to finish a book? I always do. Redecorating is always fun (especially once it's finished!). Hope you are having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it must work out how quickly you are getting through the pages after giving an average time at the beginning. It was pretty accurate.

      Delete
  3. I have an ereader, but it's not a kindle... don't think I have that function to know how many hours of reading left to it.
    We won't be getting the vaccine for quite some time unfortunately.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete