Monday, March 15, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday 15th March 2021


 I cannot believe how quickly time is passing. It was Thursday last week before I realised I had not posted for Happy Homemaker Monday. I can't say that I have been particularly busy or doing anything constructive either. I had my menu plan written and followed it for the week until yesterday as it was Mothers Day in the UK and my daughter offered to cook dinner for us all. I let her decide what she wanted to make and she chose a pasta dish which was very nice, I am not going to have any luck getting anyone else to cook this week so I decided to keep it simple.

On the menu this week

Monday -Chicken and leeks in a blue cheese sauce

Tuesday -Cajun Dirty Rice

Wednesday -Jacket potato and BBQ beans

Thursday - Hunters Chicken

Friday -Burgers with Salt and pepper chips

Saturday - Cheesy melt in the middle Haddock Fish cakes, boiled new potatoes and peas

Sunday  Pulled pork with coleslaw and fries

The weather

After a wintry wet week next week is forecast to just have light cloud with sunny intervals and a gentle breeze with temperatures of about 53 fahrenheit (11 celsius).  I hope this means I can get into the garden as I have bought a little growhouse that needs building and some bulbs panting.

Around the house

We are redecorating Emma's bedroom. The fitted wardrobes have been taken out and last weekend we had a plasterer covering the artex on the ceiling and down to the picture rail. This means that the room is empty and the contents are currently in my craft room which I have found frustrating as I have not been able to get access to a lot of my equipment. I had taken out the quilt and the blanket I am working on as I can sit in any chair and work on them.

We are waiting for the plaster to dry so that hopefully next weekend it can be redecorated and then a new carpet put in. Emma is going to have to wait until Ikea opens to get the wardrobe and drawers she wants but at least I will be able to get back in my craft room.

From the camera

As England is still in lockdown we aren't able to really go out and do anything, Walking the dog has been about the only thing we have been doing and we took a walk along the canal bank near where we live. We walked to an area that even though it is in a very urban area has retained a village feel and also a bit closer to home is a lighthouse that is nowhere near the sea but certainly make a striking landmark and conversation point for visitors.







On my crafting pile

 I am still working on the courthouse steps knitted blanket and have done a couple more squares to complete the next row. The baby cardigan I will talk about later in the week. I haven't touched the quilt or either cross stitch. 
Now the days are getting longer I am getting in the mood to do some more dressmaking. I have cut out the pattern and fabric for a top that I could wear for work that is a beginners pattern but as I cannot easily get to my sewing machine that is about all I can do on that for the moment.



 I am looking forward to being able to go to the fabric shop in a month's time and choose lots of fabric for all the different items I want to make.

Linking up as usual with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

Wishing you all a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment