Sunday, July 31, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday /Menu Plan 1st August

 


We have had a weekend of trying to sort out why wasps were 'hanging' around the front bedroom and the bathroom window at the back of the house. Craig went up to investigate and used a wasp nest killer spray and sealed the gaps where they were possibly getting into the house so hopefully that will solve the problem.

To Do

  • Sort out kitchen cupboard where plates, dishes and drink cups are stored
  • Weed front garden
  • Re-pot mint and cola plants
  • Cut out pattern and fabric for wrap dress
On my reading pile

The Book Club choice this month is The Girls by Lisa Jewell so that is a must read. On my personal list I have another Agatha Raisin book -Pushing up Daisies  and Atomic Habits by James Clear.

On my craft Pile

I recently bought some fabric to make a skirt but have decided to use it for a wrap dress instead so I want to make that this month. I have also got a knitted dishcloth and a Harry Potter hat to finish this month as well.

On the Menu

I have joined Slimming World to try and lose the weight that has crept on over the past couple of years so not only am I planning dinners but also breakfast and lunches but I will not bore you with those. I will just stick to dinners

Monday - Salmon, new potatoes, broccoli, peas and green beans
Tuesday -Stuffed peppers
Wednesday - Steak with sweet potato wedges and roasted tomatoes
Thursday - KFC fakeaway
Friday - Pork steaks with carrot and swede mash, green beans and gravy
Saturday -Curried Mince beef and rice
Sunday -Meal out with Craig's Masonic Lodge

Looking Forward to this week

After being cancelled 4 times due to Covid we are finally going to see 'Six-The Musical' which is based on the wives of Henry VIII presented as a pop concert with the Queens taking it in turns telling their story to see who suffered the most at Henry's hands and should be the group's lead singer. This was one Emma wanted to desperately see and was so frustrated at it being cancelled all the time she ended up going to see it when she was in London last summer. She is still coming with me as she loved it and wants to see it agian.


3 comments:

  1. We get a lot of wasps, and last year they kept showing up in my bedroom too. It's so frustrating. I have now crocheted faux wasp nests that I hang out in the back patio, and they have not been around at all. I guess they work.

    Have a wonderful week,
    Sandra
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of the crocheted wasp nests, maybe I could do a knitted one as I don't crochet.

      Delete
  2. Eek! I don't like wasps, they are real pests. I hope they have moved on.
    Good luck with Slimming World, it sounds like you have some tasty meals planned. x

    ReplyDelete