Sunday, July 31, 2022

#Project 365 -24th July to 30th July

 For some time I have been thinking about joining in with this link as both a way of recording something daily and also because I enjoy seeing what other people have been doing in the link up. I decided that this week I would take the plunge as it seemed as good a time as any so here goes.


Sunday 24th July

The state of the garage had been getting on my nerves for a long time and over the weekend I cleared it all out, got rid of a load of things I no longer needed, bought new shelves and re-organised almost everything (the camping equipment is my husband's responsibility as I would get rid of it all hehe!). By clearing it all it means that I now have space to be able to dry my washing if needed without it getting in the way anywhere else.


Monday 25th July

I have been working on this quilt at the quilting group for several years. It has all been hand sewn which is why it has taken so long. There is still a lot to do but I am pleased to have got this far with it.


Tuesday 26th July

I had struggled to find anything to properly clean my fire surround and there was quite a lot of tarnish build up. I found some Bar Keepers Friend powder so I decided to give that a go after seeing some videos of other people using it. It brought the surround back to gleaming with very little effort on my part.



Wednesday 27th July

I passed my Nebosh exam in April and it has taken this long to get my certificate but it finally arrived. It is a nationally recognised entry level  health and safety qualification in the UK. My boss asked me to do it and I wonder what he has planned for me as a result.



Thursday 28th July

It is my Brother in Law's birthday so we went to a Thai Buffet nearby.



Friday 29th July

Book club tonight and this was the book we were discussing. It was okay. Emma already had the book so it saved me some money. She enjoyed it more than I did.




Saturday 30th July
I wanted to do a travel journal for our holiday in Colorado. I did work on it whilst I was away but could not print out the photos so decided to do some work on it today.



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations for the certification! That's a great achievement.
    The surround looks very shiny, that's great. Also, well done for clearing up the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you! Lovely to see you joining in. It is a good way to recording the sometimes ordinary moments.
    Our garage needs a good sort out but it's my fellas department. hehehe
    That is a good tip about cleaning your fire surround. It looks great.
    Congrats on the exam and the certificate arriving. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have a clear-out and to have space for your washing in the garage. Your quilt looks pretty. What a long time to wait for your Nebosh certificate – glad its finally arrived. #project365

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to #Project365, it really is lovely to look back on pics and chart your life through the big and little moments. Love your quilt and congrats on getting your certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do travel journals and came across some notes I'd taken from a trip to the US nearly 20 years ago, it was interesting reading through them.

    ReplyDelete