Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Body Shop and Book Haul

 Craig had been feeling a bit tired yesterday but he did not want to fall asleep too early so he asked me if I wanted to go to the Trafford Centre and get a coffee and have a look around with him. I only normally go to the Trafford Centre (or Trauma Centre as I call it) when I have to and I just go in and out to the shops I need to as I find it too crowded for my liking. However as it was a midweek evening and I needed some moisturiser I agreed to go with him. The kids also decided to come along as well ( especially as they knew they would get a drink out of it).

As we weren't going for anything specific Emma dragged us into her favourite shop, Waterstones. I like reading but generally don't buy books from Waterstones. However, I thought I would see if they had any Agatha Raisin books in that I didn't have. They did and I ended up getting two that I knew for definite that I didn't have.


This one also caught my eye.


This has been a long running radio programme on Radio 4 that I have never been able to listen to but have been aware of and would listen to if I could. I decided to buy the book to see what it was all about and get an idea of why it had been running for such a long time. I always imagined it to be a bit like a radio version of Emmerdale. I guess I will find out.

As I needed some moisturiser I went to the Body Shop whilst Craig and the kids went into Game and Apple. I picked up the moisturiser I wanted and then had a look around. I was initially looking at the Trinny London Vitamin C range but wasn't so keen on the price and after looking around saw this one instead. I like it and I can see a difference in my skin since using it.

 I decided to get some peppermint foot lotion as my feet get really dry and I used to use it a lot many years ago when it used to come in a bottle.

I also looked at the perfumes they now sell as I wanted to try something new and use it for work. When I was a teenager I used to buy the Dewberry perfume which was so overpowering. Nowadays I prefer something a little more subtle for daytime use so ended up buying the White Musk Free perfume.


 As there was a promotion on and I spent over £30 I was entitled to a free gift which was very gratefully received.


I am not a great fan of shopping like this normally and I don't do it that often. I am finding that as I get older I am less interested in buying and more interested in getting rid of stuff so it was unusual for me to do this spontaneously.  We did also go for a coffee, though Craig was the only one to actually get a coffee.

Do you ever have spontaneous shopping trips?


No comments:

Post a Comment