Monday, May 17, 2021

Menu Planning Monday 17th-23rd May 2021

 


It is going to be a  few busy evenings this week with an appointment with the Nurse, my second Covid vaccination, 2 Zoom meetings and my Husband's birthday so meals will have to be quick and easy,

On the Menu
Monday -Sausage, Egg and Chips
Tuesday - Chicken Schnitzel, Mash potato and green beans
Wednesday - Baked Salmon, Boiled potatoes and  peas
Thursday - Smothered pork chops, green beans and carrot & Swede mash
Friday -Chilli in a Giant Yorkshire Pudding
Saturday - Pizza
Sunday - Meatball subs

Despite the fact that we can now eat at restaurants we decided against going out for Hubby's birthday as he wanted to have the family around and there are more than six of them so it will be a pizza party in the garden. We may have to put up the party gazebo we bought a couple of years ago for his 50th looking at the weather forecast.

Weather


Looking around the house.

We had a new garden lounge set delivered at the weekend so we have now put that under the gazebo frame. Hopefully we will get a chance to use it properly soon. The gaps that have appeared in between the paving stones are full of weeds because of how the weather has been so will need to be cleared before the weekend.

I am looking forward to

Getting my second jab ( I never thought I would ever say that, I am not a big fan of needles), Craig's birthday and being able to have everyone around again in the garden.

On my crafting pile

I have not touched my cross stitch or quilt. Will hopefully make another square for my blanket and have bought some fabric to make a dress and a skirt. I seem to have lost my crafting mojo as the kids and Craig have been rather demanding of my attention these past few weeks. I need to make the time to get back into the swing of things.

Hope you all have a good week.

Linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, Katy at Katy Kicker as I love to see what other people are doing.






5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your husband! And hooray for a second shot (I took the one shot route because I don't care for needles either, actually I'm a chicken). My youngest son gets his second shot this week also. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your husband. I think pizza in the garden is a great idea, more convivial.
    Can't wait to get our 2nd shot and put this all behind us.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken Schnitzel sounds SO good and I can't remember the last time I had a giant yorkshire pudding!

    Thanks for linking up and I hope the week ahead is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Friend!
    It does sound like you have a very busy week ahead! I just got my second shot too. Yay for hopes to knock this virus out for good! 🙏 I've always wanted to try a yorkshire pudding. Your meals sound delish. 😉 Have a blessed rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is some amazing meals in this meal plan some of them sound like great comfort food which I think you need with the weather you need at the moment. I would have never thought about putting a chilli in a yorkshire pudding this is something which I might have to do.

    ReplyDelete