Monday, April 5, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday 5th April 2021



 It has been the Bank Holiday weekend with both Friday and today off work which has been much needed. We are still a form of lock-down but we could go and see my parents and go a bit further afield to take the dog for a walk which broke the monotony of the few places we have been able to go to these last few months.

The Weather

Today was been bright and sunny but decidedly cooler than last week. The rest of the week is looking like this;


On my craft pile

Still working on my courthouse steps knitted blanket. I am on the third row of squares now and hope to have the row finished by the end of the month. I haven't touched my paper piecing quilt or my cross stitch. I have cut out the fabric to make a top to wear for work.

Looking around the house / garden

For once I feel on top of everything in the house. The gardener has returned after the winter and the garden is looking a lot tidier than it did last week. I can see signs of spring with my peonies starting to peep through the ground and leaves starting to grow on the bushes. I have bought a couple of hanging baskets to put in some horse shoe plant holders I had made many years ago and they are so colourful and bright.

From the camera

A couple of pictures of the baskets in the garden.




On the menu this week;

Monday - Chicken and Hash brown burger with corn on the cob
Tuesday - Mushroom pappardelle with garlic bread
Wednesday- Fish chowder and crusty bread
Thursday - Swedish Meatballs, Mash potato and gravy
Friday - Fajitas
Saturday- Pulled pork ( did not do the other week)
Sunday - Baked spiced salmon with green beans

Linking up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy week.#






 

2 comments:

  1. Great menu and lovely flower pictures... so miss the flowers, snow is almost gone though.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers! I'm so anxious to add all the flowers to my garden areas but I'm trying to be sensible (we have a couple weeks to go before we are clear of any frost warnings & I don't like having to cover/haul everything inside). Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete