Monday, April 26, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday -26th April 2021

 



I had a lovely weekend, shopping and catching up with friends. It is wonderful to be able to go out and enjoy someone else bringing food to you in the sunshine. It is also good to be able to tentatively make plans to visit places and meet friends. This weekend we have a barbecue to look forward to.

The weather



Around the House and Garden

I will be planting some seeds, I know I am a bit late for some of the things I had hoped to plant but I have been a bit lazy all round and I need to give myself a kick up the backside and sort myself out. I have fallen behind with the zone cleaning of the rooms. I have written a to do list for this week which should be manageable.

On the menu

I did not do a menu plan last week as I was frustrated with Craig for not wanting what was on the plan so I left it to him last week. Needless to say it was a disaster and we ended up eating more convenience food than I liked and later as he would have to buy what he needed. Craig admitted defeat so I am back with a menu plan, but I doubt if Craig will allow me to stick with it. I might just tell him to sort himself out if he feels like it.

Monday – Honey Chilli Chicken

Tuesday- Salt and Pepper Chicken wings and loaded potato skins

Wednesday – Spaghetti Carbonara

Thursday – Chicken Parmigana

Friday- Liver & Onions

Saturday – Chinese takeaway with Brother in Law and Nephew

Sunday- Barbecue at friends

It will be nice not having to cook this weekend again. I think it is about time other people got involved with the cooking.

What I will do to relax

As I have a lot to do around the house there won’t be as much time to spend relaxing though I intend to make time. I have to finish the book for my Friday book club and I still have about 100 pages left to read. I will also continue working on my Courthouse step Knitted blanket.

What I am watching

Our Yorkshire Farm – I love watching Amanda and her family on their farm. The kids are the stars (especially Sid and Clemmie). I could not however live as remotely as they are.

The Great British Sewing Bee – I doubt my skills will ever be up to the standard required for appearing but it is a good way of learning.

Hope you all have a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Reading about planting seeds made me wonder if it's too late for ME to start some seeds indoors here in Michigan! hahahha I will have to go and get some as soon as I am out of quarantine! I'm at the end (at least I hope it is the end) of COVID. I miss the outdoors! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your visiting friends again, we are still under lockdown here... it's been like that for almost a year with 2 short periods of a little visiting permitted. Have not seen my parents since before Christmas :(
    Great menu. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete