Monday, April 12, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday 12th April 2021

 


Things are starting to ease with regards to lockdown. Non-essential shops, hairdressers and gyms reopened and pubs can serve drinks outside. I am waiting until the weekend before I go near any non essential shops but I will have to take Matthew to the Barbers tomorrow as his hair desperately needs cutting. I know it will be a few weeks before I can get an appointment as my hairdresser has decided not to re-open. Local hairdressers are prioritising regulars. 

The Weather
After a cold spell last week things will be getting a bit warmer towards the end of the week



On the Menu
Monday - Stir fry
Tuesday YOYO (You're on your own)
Wednesday - Chilli in a giant yorkshire pudding
Thursday - Fish Pie
Friday -  Gammon, Egg and Chips
Saturday - Honey Chilli chicken
Sunday -Roast dinner

From the camera


Houses from a walk we did around Lymm. These are in the centre of the village and although very pretty I would not like to live there with all the visitors.


 My first clothing make for 2021. A pintuck blouse to go with a pair of beige trousers for work. It was straight forward to make though I did have an issue with the pintucks because I did not have any fabric markers and had to 'eyeball' the folds.

To relax this week

I will read and work on my blanket. My aim is to do 30 minutes a day so that I can get it finished before summer.

Linking up as usual with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

Wishing you a great week.




6 comments:

  1. The blouse is lovely - sometimes you have too wing it. I need to get back to sewing. Great post and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute top! I wish I could sew.. this is one craft area I fail at miserable! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just give it a go. I have just learnt how to do things from watching Youtube and reading. This is the first top I have made since I left school over 30 years ago. You might surprise yourself.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful blouse. My grandmother was a seamstress and I learned so much with her, but never could become as good as sewing clothes as she was.
    Love all the pictures you share from around your area, I've loved England since I was a little girl, matter of fact my family always say I was born in the wrong country hahaha

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully now we are able to go out more there will be more. I am glad you like the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house in the picture is gorgeous but I don't think I'd want to live there if people were always wandering about either. Beautiful blouse, great talent to have. Hope you've had a great week getting out a bit and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete