Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Apologies and a Catch up

 I am sorry for my lack of posts this year but I have been in a bit of a ‘funk’ for a couple of months with regards to blogging and to be honest I am not entirely sure that I am fully out of it. I just feel that I have nothing to say that would be of interest to anyone. The December posts had been written and scheduled and I had fully intended on participating in Blogmas. I even had the titles of the all the posts prepared but then I just lost my mojo to complete them. It wasn’t as if I had the excuse that I was too busy, not much more than normal, hence the’ radio silence’ for this time.

Christmas and New Year were lovely, we spent time with both families and I wasn’t in work between Christmas and New Year. It was so nice to be able to celebrate with family and friends unlike last year when we were on our own.

I did some crafting in December but they were only little projects that only took a few hours but they satisfied my ‘need’ to create. I find that if I don’t do anything crafty for a few days then I feel a bit antsy.

 





                                                            

 

Needle felting the gnomes was fun and I can highly recommend it as a stress reliever. Stabbing the wool into the shapes is extremely satisfying and helps get rid of any frustration you may be feeling especially at that time of year. 

I didn’t take any photos as I rarely picked up my phone or camera. Sometimes you just have to live in the moment rather than record for posterity.

One picture I did take was of Christmas Zippy. He used to be at the centrepiece of Manchester Town Hall’s Christmas decorations but as the Town Hall is currently under renovation I wondered what had happened to him. I found out- he is now outside the Kelloggs factory lighting up the area. I am so glad, I hated to think of him being stuck in the dark in some storage area.

 

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to whatever 2022 will bring.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! It is no fun at all when you lose your blogging mojo. It does sound like you have been having a lovely time though. I love the crafts. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I so admire you for posting every day and coming up with so many ideas.

      Delete