Monday, January 31, 2022

Happy Homemaker / Menu planning Monday 31st January

 


I have still been menu planning even if I haven’t been posting it on the blog. The main reason is because I have been using the click and collect service from my local supermarket. I am not a great fan of food shopping so the less time I can spend on it the better 😊. Unfortunately, I have been finding that there have been too many unsuitable substitutions lately so I am thinking of going back to doing my own shopping so I can make my own substitutions to make things work.

 Menu plan

 Mon- Beef burgers                                         

Tues- Chicken curry                                        

Weds- Veggie Quesadillas                                                           

Thurs- Spaghetti Bolognese                                        

Fri- Cajun Salmon & Salsa                                             

Sat- Indian ( to celebrate my Brother in Law’s 50th birthday)

Sun- Roast Dinner or Pizza (depending on whether we got out hiking)


The Weather

It is currently bright and sunny. We managed to escape the worst of the storm yesterday unlike other parts of the country. Where we live is pretty sheltered so we don’t seem to get the extremes that other parts of the country experience.


To Do

A pretty quiet week as I am up to date with most things. However I do need to;

  • ·     Tidy my bedroom drawers
  • ·      Assemble the new lights for Matthew’s room
  • ·      Remind Craig about booking the services for the boiler and my car (I don’t have the account log in details to be able to do them myself despite asking Craig for them- he forgets to send them because he has to look them up)

I am linking up with Karen at Cats, Kids, Chaos and Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom to see what other people are up to.


Have a good week everyone. 


L

6 comments:

  1. Fab meal plan. I love the sound of the Cajun Salmon & Salsa.
    We escaped the worst of the storms too. It was windy but nothing too bad.
    Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu sounds great. How funny, my brother is turning 50 on the 12th of February, so we're going to to eat.

    I know what you mean about the shop substitutions. I get my groceries from Walmart pick up and lately the substitutions frustrate me, or they are always saying they're out of stock with something but if I go into the store immediately after, it's there. So strange.

    Hope you have a lovely week, and stay warm.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggled the couple of times I tried the on-line shopping (of course, I'm also an oddball who LOVES to grocery shop). We could only laugh because I somehow managed to buy only *2* bananas instead of a bunch. Glad you didn't get hard with a big storm. Hope you are having a great week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining last week, sorry it's a bit late me catching up. Your meals sound yummy. We had a roast this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps I am not sure what your twitter handle is but if you @ me at catskidschaos there I will follow you so I can tag you there when I share MPM tweets

    ReplyDelete