Thursday, January 27, 2022

Word of the Week- Trepidation



After the last few years it is with some trepidation that I have been making plans for 2022.  With everything that has happened over the last two years it has felt like making plans for the year has been impossible. Now I am hoping that we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and things can happen without any extra hassle.

This week we have booked a holiday to Colorado to see friends that should have happened in 2020. We are going in July once Matthew has finished his GCSE’s, before the main school holidays. We will be there for Independence Day so that should be interesting. Last time we were there it was for Thanksgiving and we had a fantastic time.

There are a few films that I am looking forward to seeing at the cinema with the second Downton Abbey film at the top of the list. I have told Craig that for my birthday I want to go to Highclere Castle instead of having a present. It will involve staying over and will be without the kids as neither of them are interested in Downton (Craig isn’t but he doesn’t have a choice 😊).

To make up for going away without them we will be going to the Harry Potter studio tour at Halloween. We haven’t been since Gringotts opened and Craig hasn’t seen Platform 9 ¾ or the Forbidden Forest.

Craig and I are also going to spend a weekend in March at Lytham St Annes for the first Masonic Ladies Evening since 2019.

Those are the things that we have definite plans for. There will also be other days out over the year as I would like to go back to Chatsworth, visit Blist’s Hill Museum, lots of walks out for the day, visit friends in Oxford and maybe a long weekend in Ireland to see friends there.

Emma has her own travel plans including trips to Jersey and New York as well as tagging along with us. Her dream of being able to travel is hopefully going to become a reality after two years of delays.

 


I am linking up with Anne and seeing what everyone else is thinking and doing. 

11 comments:

  1. I understand your trepidation but that all sounds really exciting. I might even book a holiday myself today, but we won't be going too far. I've never watched Downton Abbey but I understand how exciting it would be to visit Highclere Castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is about time we were able to look forward to doing things and going places after the last couple of years. If we didn't then fear would stop us doing anything.

      Delete
  2. Sounds exciting! Don't watch Downton Abbey but the Harry Potter things sound cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The studio tour is a must for any Harry Potter fan and it is cool to see the sets. My personal favourite is 'The Burrow'.

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of all your plans! It makes me also feel like things are beginning to improve worldwide! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Things do need to improve, it would be ruinous for things to carry on the way they have indefinitely.

      Delete
  4. How exciting to be making plans. It sounds like you have so much to look forward to. I hope you get to do everything x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trepidation is a good word to describe that feeling of trying to make plans these days. You’ve been making lots of lovely plans and I hope that they will all be able to go ahead. We’ve never done the Harry Potter studio tour – it’s something I’d like to do, but I’m waiting for Sophie to be a bit older before we book it. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get being nervous about making plans but isn't it great. We went to the Harry Potter tour last year and the kids loved it. They want to go back. I might have had a moment and booked a trip to the USA on Christmas eve, fingers crossed for that one. Can't wait to read all about your adventures. They sound like lots of fun #WotW

    ReplyDelete