Wednesday, December 1, 2021

December Plans

 


I have been a bit reluctant to make too many plans for Christmas this year as the majority of them were cancelled last year. We normally do an experience as a family but with Emma and Craig having to work then that isn’t possible. Emma and Matthew are both going to London for a weekend though. Emma is going to an awards ceremony and Matthew is on a school trip.

 Craig and I made an early Christmas visit to Chatsworth House to see it decorated for Christmas and we have a festive afternoon tea booked in a little tea room we visit when we are out walking the dog in that area. There is also a Christmas dinner with one of the Masonic Lodges that Craig is a member of.

 Emma and I have booked to see ‘Six’ on the 21st (hopefully third time lucky) and she is also going with friends to see ‘Book of Mormon’ on the 10th.

 My father in law is having a 70th birthday buffet. Due to an ongoing issue within the family we are not sure if we will be going to that. However, it is the only time Craig’s family will be altogether this month and it would be easier to distribute cards and presents.

 Craig is also thinking about going to the Christmas Markets in Manchester but if I am honest I would rather not as they are much too crowded, too expensive and they are generally selling the same things year after year.

 I will be going to spend an evening in a nearby garden centre with a friend admiring the Christmas displays and eyeing up what to hopefully be able to buy in the sale.

 Craig has several meals booked with the company he works for and I have a few craft sessions to go to this month as well so we are probably busier than we have ever been.

 Christmas Day itself will just be the 4 of us for dinner and then going to my sisters’ house where my parents will be as well.

 I have also got to fit in all the Christmas shopping, decorating and usual Christmas preparations and work full time. To do this I have taken a couple of days off work and plan to get everything done in the one long weekend so I can enjoy the rest of the month.

 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have some great plans. I hope you get to do everything and have a fab December x

    ReplyDelete