Saturday, December 11, 2021

Christmas at Chatsworth House

 


I haven’t visited Chatsworth House for over 25 years. After watching a TV programme about Chatsworth and how it dealt with Christmas last year I decided that I would like to go this year. I only booked tickets for Craig and I as Emma was more than likely going to be working and Matthew said he didn’t want to go.

 We booked one of the first tours of the day so it was an early start to get there on time. An advantage of that was that we were able to park close to the entrance.

 

                                                    

 

I loved all of the displays and the fact that they were still traditional looking. The theme was celebrating the past 20 years that Chatsworth had been decorating the house for Christmas. Every room I went into had the ‘wow’ factor. Underneath my mask I was grinning from ear to ear it was so beautiful.

 















The room dedicated to 2021 was full of decorations from recycled materials. But all through the house there was evidence of this and they gave me loads of ideas for future projects. When I asked about them we were told that they were made by the in-house staff who are obviously very talented.

 








After the tour was over I indulged in my first mince pie of the season before taking a walk around the gardens. There was certainly a lot to see and do.

 











The Christmas market was on that day so we spent a good few hours wandering around and having a look at what was on sale. Although it was busy it was not absolutely packed like the one in Manchester and you were able to see what was on offer. We bought a few things and sampled a few things on the way round.

 






It was a lovely day and it was nice it being just Craig and I as we rarely go anywhere on our own. I am looking forward to doing more things like this in the future.



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a fantastic day out and it really looks beautiful decorated for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete