Friday, September 2, 2022

Gratitude in August

 Inspired by Kim at Life as Kim I am going to list what I have been grateful for each month.  It is also to remind myself of the slower, simpler life that I want to lead. It has been proven by research that people who write down what they are grateful for feel more positive, relish good experiences and are more optimistic and happier with their lives. Isn't that something we all want?

So in August I have been grateful for

1st- Cleaning videos on Tiktok to motivate me to get deep cleaning and organizing done.

2nd- Ikea being open late so I don’t have to go at the weekend when it is too busy for me.

3rd – finding my first tomato. I have tried in the past to grow them without success.



4th – Time to trace and cut out the pattern pieces for my next sewing project.

5th- Finally getting to see ‘Six, the Musical’ after it being cancelled four times previously.



6th- 29 years of marriage to Craig.

7th – Not having to cook lunch as we went out with some of Craig’s fellow Masons.

8th -Emma for making brownies for me to take to the W.I meeting tomorrow.

9th – Being able to go to W.I. meetings.

10th – Emma helping me with setting up to get the best photograph for the competition one of my W.I.’s is running next month.

11th- Time to relax at Craft club after a stressful day at work.

12th – Being able to sit in the garden and enjoy the weather.

13th – Losing  1 1/2lbs at Slimming World.

14th – Catching up with friends who don’t live nearby.

15th – The cooler weather ( I really don’t like it when the temperatures are too high ).

16th-Having no problems with my teeth following check up at dentists.

17th- Having a gardener to maintain the garden. If it were left to us then it would look like a jungle. He only mows the lawn, trims the hedges and when needed cuts plants back. I don't know what I will do when he retires as he has been looking after the garden for as long as we have been in the house.

18th- Being able to knit without any interruptions which never happens normally.

19th – A quiet stress free day in work, especially after the last few weeks preparing for an audit.

20th -A lovely day at the seaside with friends and dogs and lots of fresh air and fish and chips.

21st- Craig for clearing the guttering after the overflowing gutter kept me awake due to the rain.

22nd – Being able to do click and collect for my food shop. It saves time and money as I am not tempted to put in extra goodies as I am walking around the store.

23rd – Being able to pick blackberries on my walk with Penny.

24th -  A peaceful and relaxing evening after a stressful day in work.

25th- Matthew getting the GCSE results he needs to be able to do the courses he wants at college

26th- A neighbour’s daughter coming round with free doughnuts and sandwiches which would have otherwise ended up in the bin. (She is working for Tim Hortons in a new store and it was part of her training)

27th- Being able to visit friends before they move to Ireland.

28th- Visiting Highclere Castle as an early birthday present. I have been able to tick this off my bucket list now.



29th- Visiting a country craft fair and finding the salted caramel cheese I have been looking for since having some at a friends house a couple of years ago. They couldn't remember the name of the company as they also bought it at a Country Fair. I have got the details so that we can both order more.

30th- Matthew enrolling in college without any delays. The college changed the enrolment process to appointments rather than having everyone turn up en masse after getting their GCSE results when we had to go with Emma.

31st -Being able to sort out a new mortgage before the interest rates rise much further. At least in these uncertain times we know that the mortgage will not rise now for 2 years.


1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Thank you for the mention.
    It does make me feel more positive by finding something to be grateful for even if I've had a bad day.
    It sounds like a good month. x

    ReplyDelete