Sunday, September 4, 2022

#Project 365 21st August-3rd September

I was away for the weekend so missed posting for the week so I have decided to do two weeks in one post. 

Sunday 21st August

As yet we don't have a hosepipe ban yet, Craig decided to do the annual job of clearing out the gutters, especially as I had complained about the dripping from them onto the car waking me up last night whilst it was raining. Whilst he was up there he also discovered another load of wasps so he used more treatment and sealed up where they were getting in.

Monday 22nd August


My regular weekday breakfast at the moment, Greek yogurt, granola and raspberries. Yum.

Tuesday 23rd August


Decided to go foraging whilst taking Penny on her evening walk after seeing this delicious recipe.

Wednesday 24th August


My new knitting project- a scarf in the colours of Ravenclaw house from Harry Potter for Matthew. I will have to do one in yellow and black for Emma next.

Thursday 25th August


GCSE results day and Matthew passed everything easily

Friday 26th August

Whilst in Waterstones I found the perfect book for Emma. This will go along with her idea of visiting every Waterstones in the UK.

Saturday 27th August
The hotel room we stayed in near Newbury ready for our visit to Highclere the next day.

Sunday 28th August


After 5 years of waiting I finally got to walk up the path to 'Downton Abbey' Lady Deborah came for a visit :)

Monday 29th August
A quick visit to Henley on Thames before heading home. 

Tuesday 30th August



After getting Matthew enrolled in college this was our traditional holiday treat. For me that is a maple syrup latte and a Boston creme doughnut.

Wednesday 31st August


Penny decided to help me clear the area where we are going to put the new fire pit we bought in a sale. Once cleared I put a weed barrier and stones on top before putting the fire pit in the centre.

Thursday 1st September


This may be the last evening I can sit out in the garden as rain is forecast for the next couple of weeks and then we will be well into Autumn. I have also come up with a long list of ideas as to what I want to do with the garden over the next few years.

Friday 2nd August

The ceremonial burning of the schoolwork. Emma started the tradition when she left school. After the results were out then her and her friends arranged to have a bonfire to burn their school work and Matthew has been looking forward to doing the same. If we let them burn everything they would be there for hours. We will limit what they can burn as it is more the symbolism and then they can put the rest in the recycling bin.

Saturday 3rd September. 

I was in a creative mood but I was not able to work on anything where I needed to concentrate as I knew I would keep being disturbed. This was the compromise as it is the diamond art equivalent of paint by numbers.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a busy couple of weeks. The scarf looks fab and well done to Matthew with his GCSE's. Good luck to him at college.
    Oh wow! How exciting to visit Downton Abbey. x

    ReplyDelete