Monday, June 28, 2021

Menu Planning Monday 28th June 2021

 


I had rather a rubbish week last week with earache which made my balance a bit ‘off kelter’. I felt whenever I had to walk anywhere that I was on a boat in rough seas, I could not walk in a straight line. I ended up spending 2 ½ days in bed as that was the easiest thing to do. When I am ill, I sleep a lot as that is my way of helping my body fight whatever is going on. Thankfully by the end of the week I was able to get up and go to work though I took it easy when I got home.

Looking around the house

Being out of action for most of last week the house is starting to look a bit neglected. I will need to do a good clean in all the rooms. I would also like to give my craft room a bit of TLC as it has been neglected the last few weeks.

On my to do list

As well as the obvious cleaning, I need to cancel my car insurance as Craig negotiated a multi car deal when he got the new car. I also need to pick up some flea and worming tablets for Penny. We are also having fun trying to find somewhere to go on holiday here in the UK that isn’t fully booked, extortionately overpriced and dog friendly. We were looking at Scotland but Ms Sturgeon has banned people from the North West where we are. Dorset is fully booked. I would like to look at the Cotswolds and Oxfordshire near where we used to live. Oxfordshire is looking a bit more realistic. It is also looking like it will be a camping holiday.

On the menu

Monday- Potato and meat pie, chips, peas and gravy

Tuesday- Spaghetti bolognese

Wednesday Sweet chilli Halloumi and salad

Thursday Slow cooker chicken tikka masala

Friday- Fish pie

Saturday – Chinese takeaway with my parents and sister

Sunday Chicken and leek bake

The Weather



Thinking

 Matthews room is in need of redecorating and he needs a new bed. He will be 16 in September so needs more of a grown-up room and a double bed as he is getting a bit big for his single one. I hope to get that done when we get back from our break (if we manage to get away). I would also like to re do the bathroom but that will be a much bigger job as the whole room is tiled which I want to replace as well as getting the new suite.

Hope you all have a good week.

Linking up with Sandra and Katy to see what other people are doing.

8 comments:

  1. I hope all your holiday plans fall into place and you have success in your re-decorating plans. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, the break down of everything. Hope your feeling better, I used to suffer a lot with my ears and throat as a kid and it's not nice.
    Meals sounds lovely.
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I don't really suffer from ear pain but I do remember going to the Doctors with stomach ache and a temperature and being told I had an ear infection just before I was due to go on a holiday with school.

      Delete
  3. Ugh! Earache is the worst. I am glad you are feeling better now.
    Great meal plan! You have just reminded me about Fish pie, we've not had that in ages x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, so sorry to hear about your earache!!

    The sweet chilli Halloumi sounds SO good! Hope this week is a better week for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sweet Chilli halloumi was good but I can't get over the texture as I have not had halloumi before.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are feeling better! Hope you find somewhere to take your holiday. Ended up settling for a staycation here as I was having some same issues with the already booked/overpriced things. My own fault for waiting until the last minute though. Hope you are having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were hoping to go and see some friends in Colorado and had heard about the possibility of a travel corridor between the UK and the US but that won't be happening in time which is why we left booking anything over here until the last minute. We have managed to find a campsite in the Cotswolds and I have created an itinerary of things to do and places to go so all is good.

    ReplyDelete