Monday, April 4, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday / Menu Plan 4th April 2022

 



I haven’t really menu planned properly for a few weeks as I had a really bad cold that put me in bed for a few days and then Craig caught Covid. He wasn’t ill but he has been stuck at home and suffered from cabin fever. One of the ways that came out was becoming really fussy about what he wanted to eat, so I left the meal ideas to him because he never wanted what I suggested.

 As Craig couldn’t go out, he missed going to see ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat’ which we had booked last minute. One of Matthew’s friends came along instead. I enjoyed the show, it was a very different performance than the last time I went to see it. Hat’s off the Alexandra Burke who at 6 or 7 months pregnant was still giving it her all during the dance routines she had to do.  I wasn’t overly impressed with Jason Donovan though.

 Anyway, looking to this week

 The Weather

Not the best, but hopefully will improve next week for the long Easter Weekend.

 


Watching on TV.

Craig and I watched an episode of Death in Paradise at Christmas and over the last few weeks we have been binge watching all of the seasons. We are currently up to Season 4. Loved Ben Millar and was shocked at his exit. I am getting used to Kris Marshal who is obviously playing a very different character. We keep trying to guess who the murderer is each episode. We have about a 60% success rate.

 Looking around the house

It is getting to that time of year again when I want to get everything organised and decluttered. Over the weekend I cleaned out and organised my kitchen drawers, cleaned out my wardrobe and tidied the garage. There are a couple of kitchen cupboards that I want to tackle and a cupboard in the living room for me to do this week. I also want to finally donate my CD’s as I have no way of playing them. Craig has copied the ones I want to keep and put them onto a USB for me so I can listen to them in the car. I am hoping to tackle the garden when the weather improves next week.

 On the Menu

As the weather isn’t brilliant then I feel like eating comfort food.

 Monday- YOYO (You’re on your own)

Tuesday -Lasagne

Wednesday – Meatzza

Thursday – Dirty Fries

Friday- Meatball sub

Saturday- Chicken Fajitas

Sunday- Roast Dinner

 To relax this week.

Normally I would have a craft project or two on the go to help me relax but I seem to have lost my crafting mojo, so this week I am going to watch ‘Death on the Nile’ and re-watch ‘Fantastic Beasts, The Crimes of Grindelwald’ to remind myself of what happened before going to see the new one.

Linking up with Karen at Cats, Kids, Chaos and Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom to see what everyone else is planning this week.

Have a good week.

Deborah

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are all feeling better now.
    Great meal plan. Chicken fajitas are one of our favourite meals x

    ReplyDelete