Monday, January 18, 2021

My Intentions for 2021



2020 saw me furloughed for 6 months and then made redundant. (Luckily I quickly found another job). During that time I was able to reassess what I wanted with my life. I started to appreciate more everything I had and realised that I have more than I need in terms of possessions. I also had more time to craft and I taught myself how to knit and sew dresses. I liked the slower pace of life that the lockdowns kind of forced us to have and it gave us more time to spend together as a family, which we had started to lose now the kids are older and wanting to do their own things.

So for 2021 instead of making resolutions I have made a list of things that I intend to do. These are

·       - Get rid of 1000 items that can either be donated or disposed of.

·      -  Buy a lot less and use up what I have before buying more (toiletries, clothes and craft supplies are the main areas this applies to)

·     -  Finish a quilting project I have been working on for way too long

·    -   Do a weekly project life scrapbook page showing the highlights of the week

·     -  Save more money each month

·      - Decorate and update the kids bedrooms

·      - Continue to knit and sew to improve my skill level

·       -Continue spending time together as a family either at home or when we can outside.

·       -Don’t get involved in ‘drama’. This should be a lot easier as most of the drama was linked to my old job, just need to avoid family drama.

·       -Create a blog chronicling my crafting journeys and my simpler life.

        - Improve my photography skills


I know that may seem a lot but some are linked and some will only take a few moments each day. My efforts can be viewed on this blog.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. That's quite some list! I'm trying to get rid of "stuff" too and it's crafty stuff which is my downfall. I save things which might "come in useful".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as long as my list from last year. Being at home more has allowed me to organise more and has highlighted that I have more stuff than I need and lots of duplicates because I could not find the original :) I also save things that might come in useful but this year I have decided that if I haven't used them in so long then I won't use them. When I have done that before I have never missed anything.

      Delete